PDA

View Full Version : How Do I delete hands from HEM

Adonis276
06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
title says it all

was messing around at low stakes just testing out the software. Now I want to start over. How do i delete all my hands and start fresh?

adonis

morny
06-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Easiest way is to start a new database

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)

Adonis276
06-08-2010, 02:30 AM
and if i wanted to get rid of the hands the hard way?

netsrak
06-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Right click on the hands and delete them or options->purge hands but this will not delete the stats.

For a fresh start the best and easiest is to create a new database.

Adonis276
06-08-2010, 11:40 AM
really wanting to delete the databases and stats

help please!

morny
06-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Not sure what you mean, we gave you the instructions on how to delete the stats or how to start with a new database, what exactly are you trying to do?

Adonis276
06-09-2010, 03:38 AM
maybe i'm misunderstanding

i want to delete my current data base and start fresh. when i delete the hands the stats don't go away

i essentially want to start over

netsrak
06-09-2010, 06:33 AM
This is explained in the first faq link morny posted.

Create a new database in the HM database management and use this new database from now on.

After this database is setup delete your old database via pgadminIII as explained in the FAQ too.

Spec
11-15-2010, 05:27 AM
For some reason a lot of Stars hands were not imported this month.

I see 14K hands in reports (without filters) while I have played over 19K (I know this because I track in Excel the account balance and VPPs and detected the discrepancy).

I thought that a simple "Import from folder", directing it to where HM archived the hands would solve it.

When doing this I see HM going through 19K hands and saying that all are duplicated.

However, when coming back to reports I only see 14K and not 19K.

I tried to delete all hands of this month in order to be able to import everything again.

What puzzles me is that in reports I displayed all the 14K hands and then chose "Delete all hands in list".

It takes a while and HM reports that 14K hands were deleted.

However when I make a refresh they are still there visible (not just stats but still visible, able to be replayed).

I tried the same in hands tab (this time I even selected all hands with CTR+Shit from the first to the last) but the result was the same.

Then I went to sessions and tried to delete 2 sessions, selecting all hands and deleting them. They are still there.

I tried to exit and restart HM but same result.

Honestly I don't know what else to do. I have a big database (both mine and datamined) and I'm not really willing to start a new database until I exhausted all other options because I know it will take me days and days to have all working again.

Any ideas of what else I could do ?

I have version 1.11.05 TS update

Spec
11-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Update: I updated version to 1.11.05b but problem subsists

I created a new database and imported all the hands of the month and I can see 19K hands so I believe the problem was not in the format of the Stars files.

Please try to present me a solution other than creating a new database. My db is huge and recreating it will take me endless days.

Thanks

netsrak
11-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

You should do regular database backups in the future.

Spec
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
I do have periodic backups of the database.

I suspect I will spend some time with this so before I start, what is faster ?

a) Try a reindex as you suggest, or
b) Create a new database / restore from backup

For you to have an idea my Postgres folder is 263Gb and the database backup file is 20.5 Gb

netsrak
11-16-2010, 04:43 AM
Thats a huge database, you know that you can purge mined hands which deletes the hands but not the stats for the players?

I would start with the reindex but it will take some hours.

Spec
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Didn't work. I completed the reindex (aprox 8 hours) then tried to delete the hands with same result (HM says it is completed but then I still see the hands there and can even replay them).

I tried to import all the hands again but still reports that all of them are duplicate.

3 questions:

1. I have to go for a restore. In order I can schedule that, do you have an idea how long will a file of 20.5 Gb take to be restored ?

2. Good suggestion yours. If I delete those will I be able to see the stats in "Players Detail Windows" ?

3. How can I delete only the datamined hands and keep mine ?

Patvs
11-17-2010, 12:07 AM
-1 restoring a 20 GB backup file created in pgadminIII:
If the index took you 8 hours, it should take about 8-10 hours.
What are the 4K read/write speeds of your harddisk? Are you using a regular harddisk? (5400 RPM, 7200 RPM?)

-2 Yes... you'll ONLY lose the ability to REPLAY the hand and to VIEW the handhistory in text.

-3 To FULLY delete datamined hands:
options---> settings--> purge hands--> DO NOT DELETE HANDS by [HERO]

If you want to KEEP the stats from the datamined hands:
options---> settings--> Observed HH Configuration--> purge hands--> DO NOT DELETE HANDS by [HERO]

Spec
11-19-2010, 07:01 AM
Just a quick feedbak. It took in fact aprox 8 hours to restore the database (so roughly the same than reindex).

I never notice that we have a backup menu in the File menu. I used to make backups in pgadminIII.

Is this option in File menu the one we shoudl use to make a backup ?

netsrak
11-19-2010, 08:49 AM
If you are familiar with pgadminIII i would continue using this as it has more options.
The HM backup/restore is a new easy to use way to create backups.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/418/Backup+%26+Restore)