View Full Version : Import: 100% CPU load and extremely slow / freezing

undin
06-05-2010, 01:55 PM
my holdem manager suddenly isn't usable anymore

when i start it and click auto-import the following happens:
- hmimport.exe instantly goes to 100% cpu load
- it says "auto importing..." for some minutes or longer
- it finally starts importing at like 0.1h/s and takes many hours to complete
- after completion the hud isn't working (and i also can't view my hands in hm i think)

everything still worked a week ago
my operation system is windows xp sp3
i have holdem manager small stakes version

i have already tried the following:
- deleted/created a new database
- importing from a different folder
- delete/reinstall holdem manager and the sql stuff
- tried out different versions of holdem manager
...nothing helped :(

morny
06-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder and ill take a look at your settings to see if theres anything there causing issues

undin
06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
these should all be defaulted
but here's the file

morny
06-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Everything there seems fine, thought it might possibly be a loop in the import folders, Please try the following if you haven't already.

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn)

undin
06-06-2010, 06:26 PM
hm that's interesting
every time i start the import the following happens in the event log

Event Type: Information
Event Source: PostgreSQL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 6/7/2010
Time: 12:17:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: COMPUTER
Description:
2010-06-07 00:17:32 CESTLOG: could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: PostgreSQL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 6/7/2010
Time: 12:17:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: COMPUTER
Description:
2010-06-07 00:17:32 CESTLOG: unexpected EOF on client connection

i'm not using a firewall and already disabled all other programs
the hud simply won't work because it needs the import to function

netsrak
06-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Please check the handhistory folders of your pokerclients, they should all be empty. If you find any hands in there delete them or move them to a different folder.

Another try: please create a new database for a test and play some hands with this database.

undin
06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
hm still no difference
the import doesn't seem to freeze like that
but the hud doesn't work and it doesn't show any seasions/hands/etc...

morny
06-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com

undin
06-08-2010, 12:59 AM
thanks for the offer
i'll get back on that in case a windows re-install won't help

oh and just to make sure:
full tilt play money sit'n'gos are supported by the small stakes version aren't they?

netsrak
06-08-2010, 03:32 AM
play money in general is not supported. If it works for some gametypes its just by accident.