PDA

View Full Version : HEM having big lag issues after a database purge

Dodgyrocker
06-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I recently purged a huge amount of mined hands from my database, and since then there has been a problem with HEM. When I go to the tabs like 'session' or 'report' it takes many minutes to load anything up, and every time I change something it again takes a long time. I was not getting this lag at all before I did the purge. Pity really because I assumed purging my database would make it run faster, not slower. Please note that I did do the manual vacuuming afterwards (in fact I did it twice to see if this solved the issue).

Any idea why this has happened? And any suggestions for how to solve it?

netsrak
06-05-2010, 11:52 AM
It is possible that a postgresql triggered auto-vacuum process is still running in the background consuming most cpu time.

Please reboot your computer 1-2 times and let it run for some hours. After that it should be back to normal.

You can try a reindex of your database too, its another option where you started the vacuum/full run.

Dodgyrocker
06-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I've tried turning restarting my PC several time, and have also left it on for a few hours. I have also done the re-indexing thing as you suggested.

None of this has worked.

It appears that I am not the only one with this sort of problem:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/31856-sessions-tab-wont-fully-load.html

Very frustrating and it makes HEM close to unusable since it is so laggy. And totally weird that it just started happening after never before experiencing any problems.

Please can you look into this further for me, since it is likely that there are other people suffering from this too.

netsrak
06-06-2010, 04:47 AM
I don't think we have a general problem there because then we would have more threads like this and i do the purge/vacuum cycle regularly too.

Could you please try to create a new database for a test and import some hands, does it make a difference?

I think its just a coincidence and you have problems with your harddisk.

Dodgyrocker
06-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I did create a test database, and it works fine. Which suggests that your explanation that it must be my HD creating the problem is not correct...

I have given details in the parallel thread (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/31856-sessions-tab-wont-fully-load.html#post153562) and will post any further info/feedback/requests etc in that thread rather than in here.