PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars - Tourney results

windbreaker
06-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Pokerstars has changed tournies so it tells you how much they have won when you bust if you are itm. Is it possible to have these results automated with requesting tourney histories now?

fozzy71
08-29-2010, 04:38 PM
No, they still do not give enough information. They plan to eventually include all of the info, similar to how full tilt does. When they finally do that we should be able to automate the process.

ChazDazzle
08-31-2010, 10:38 AM
So, HEM can fill out all the info for Full Tilt tournaments without needing the tournament summary? What is different between Stars hand histories and Full Tilt hand histories at the moment (if you could post txt & comparisons that would be great)?

fozzy71
08-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does. They have to be requested and imported after the games, manually.

Examples are here:

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Full Tilt General Information (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/340/Full+Tilt+General+Information)

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Poker Stars General Information (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/343/Poker+Stars+General+Information)

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

SkilzNDrilz
09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
:confused: i did all this foz, and it now shows the correct number of games but the buyins/size/won etcare wron. i think its because when i put the tournament summary files into the import folder they never imported. i did change them to htm also.... help plz????

Patvs
09-15-2010, 03:38 AM
Did Stars email you the .htm files as an attachment?
Or they just emailed you the summaries in text in an email?

If text--> copy the email to a .txt file (or save the email as a .txt file) and run a import from file on it.

When importing the .htm file, it only imported successfully if HoldemManager asked you "please select your PokerStars nickname" when running the import from file on it.

SkilzNDrilz
09-15-2010, 02:30 PM
ok i figured it out and i imported the files, and it asked me to select my stars alias...

but then i went to tourneys > results and my graphs and profit is all wrong?

im lost

Patvs
09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Do you play freezeout tournies?
Or are most of your tournies with rebuys/addon?

Did you update to http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe
and reimport everything (handhistories + summaries into a new database)?

SkilzNDrilz
09-15-2010, 06:04 PM

no :( diddnt know that i had to. i dont know how to do anything u mentioned other than install latest update

i play a lot of freezout and rebuys

i would be most grateful for a step by step on what i need to do... alternatively... if u could take a quick look sometime id be over the moon :)

Patvs
09-15-2010, 08:02 PM
options--> database management--> connect--> new database

In the new database, run a "import from folder" on your archive folder. (default: C:/HMArchive)

And import the summary files

Youretoast
09-16-2010, 09:06 AM
I have a summary file from Pokerstars, but not the hand histories. Are the results importable without the hand histories?

netsrak
09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Thats not possible. You need the handhistories too.

SkilzNDrilz
09-16-2010, 10:06 AM
ok, did everythin u said... but now my numbers seem even worse since i seem to have lost about 100k players from my database! grrrr hem can be soo frustrating!

thanks anyway

Hamlet
09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
hey. Sorry guys, but after reading here and there about HM I am a little bit confused.

The thing is, so far I was playing extrictly only Sit&Go tourneys of 9 player. Importing ONLY the hand histories I didnt have any problem (not that I noticed) with the data provided by HM.

But recently I started playing Sit&Go tourneys of 18 and 27 players. HM is changing my finish position, my prices and other informations graphs dont look accurate. Is it that for this kind of tourneys I need to import both hand histories and summaries??... or am I having an issue with HM?

How many months back would PS send me my tourney summaries?

The Minder
09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
...I started playing Sit&Go tourneys of 18 and 27 players. HM is changing my finish position, my prices and other informations graphs dont look accurate. Is it that for this kind of tourneys I need to import both hand histories and summaries??...

Yes. For Pokerstars, HM can work out the summary data for STTs but can't do it for 18/27/45/etc man SnGs. You don't necessarily need the full HH, just up to the point where you won or got knocked out, then request tournament summaries for the last 'x' tournies to fill in your positional/costing/winnings info.

Hamlet
09-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Yes. For Pokerstars, HM can work out the summary data for STTs but can't do it for 18/27/45/etc man SnGs. You don't necessarily need the full HH, just up to the point where you won or got knocked out, then request tournament summaries for the last 'x' tournies to fill in your positional/costing/winnings info.

Ahhh, will this fix then the results for PokerStars Steps?

Hamlet
09-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Ops... is it really required to reimport everything?

Patvs
09-23-2010, 07:24 PM
You don't have to reimport everything.
Just as a test reimport 1 or 2 tournies into a NEW database... to see if HM imports them correctly and shows the correct winnings.