PDA

View Full Version : FTP client windows getting 'stuck' with HUD up

HMFatBoy
06-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm testing out HEM and having a problem with the FTP client. The windows will randomly get 'stuck'. When a window is 'stuck', there are no updates to the graphics in the windows, such as the action buttons in the bottom right, and the cards being dealt (and my cards showing up). So, if the graphics get stuck while dealing the cards, my cards may only partially show up or not at all. The buttons for action, such as fold, check, bet, etc. will not render.

Normally, if I click on a 'stuck' window, the graphics will update, but not always (or not completely). If I resize the window it will always update.

Needless to say, this is not only stressful and annoying, but I have missed actions due to the graphical state not showing that it is my turn to act, etc.

I do play multiple tables, currently I've been testing HEM using 4 RUSH tables. I haven't had any issues like this using the FTP client until I started testing HEM, even with other HUD software.

I'm not positive this is related to the HUD, but that's my first guess - Thank you for any help!

5204salty
06-03-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm testing out HEM and having a problem with the FTP client. The windows will randomly get 'stuck'. When a window is 'stuck', there are no updates to the graphics in the windows, such as the action buttons in the bottom right, and the cards being dealt (and my cards showing up). So, if the graphics get stuck while dealing the cards, my cards may only partially show up or not at all. The buttons for action, such as fold, check, bet, etc. will not render.

Normally, if I click on a 'stuck' window, the graphics will update, but not always (or not completely). If I resize the window it will always update.

Needless to say, this is not only stressful and annoying, but I have missed actions due to the graphical state not showing that it is my turn to act, etc.

I do play multiple tables, currently I've been testing HEM using 4 RUSH tables. I haven't had any issues like this using the FTP client until I started testing HEM, even with other HUD software.

I'm not positive this is related to the HUD, but that's my first guess - Thank you for any help!

This is a problem with the latest version of HEM. You need to rollback your version as noted:

We have some users where 1.11.01a is not working for Rush. They reverted back to 1.10.06a: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmB...e_1.10.06a.exe
until we find a solution for this.

HMFatBoy
06-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks.

That link is giving me a 404 file not found error, though.

P.S. I turned off animations, and while that seemed to help at first, it really just changes how the problem manifests itself...

netsrak
06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Here you find the 1.10.06a release: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/30576-1-11-01a-official-release.html (its an older one).

but i think your problem can be solved by checking or unchecking site options->full tilt->redraw screen after grab.

HMFatBoy
06-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Here you find the 1.10.06a release: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/30576-1-11-01a-official-release.html (its an older one).

but i think your problem can be solved by checking or unchecking site options->full tilt->redraw screen after grab.

When I check that option (it was unchecked prior), you are right that the problem I described before goes away. HOWEVER, a new one appears - instead of getting the screen redraw problem, now I get complete computer freezes - the taskbar, FTP client, Hold'em Manager, and even other stuff that's open, all freeze.

This is the same problem I was getting with another program that caused me to test out HEM - it seems to be a problem with the FTP client itself. But obviously something in HEM with the redraw on is triggering it. The pauses can be just a few seconds, but usually are more like 30-60 s and time you out of every hand you have running. I'll try the downgrade if I can find a working link and double check both cases.

netsrak
06-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Ok, i suggest you revert to 1.10.06a.

We will release a new version soon where we will have more options to customize the FTP hud for different windows configurations.

HMFatBoy
06-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok, i suggest you revert to 1.10.06a.

We will release a new version soon where we will have more options to customize the FTP hud for different windows configurations.

I reverted and now the pauses are happening all the time - usually about 60 s and time me out of everything. They don't seem to happen if I start importing without the HUD, but after I turn the HUD on they persist even if I turn it off later. Since this happens with PT as well, I'm guessing it's a bug in the FTP software itself. I do appreciate that you are including options for us to work it out though.

netsrak
06-13-2010, 04:55 AM
I remember another thing which can cause problems:
Please make sure that the auto-import folder points to c:\program files\full tilt\handhistory
and not to the full tilt folder itself.

HMFatBoy
06-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I had it pointing to ...\handhistory\screenname rather than ...\handhistory - is that ok?

Also, it might not matter, but my FTP folder is in a subfolder in Program Files, rather than directly in it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm willing to try anything. Still have 2 days on the trial, trying to debate what to do about HEM...

morny
06-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Hi, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com