PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect to remote server

fsnzr
08-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi,

When i run HEM1 it wants me to activate the product online. When I try to do it, i get an error message and in details it tells me 'unable to connect to remote server'. I've activated it before successfully, not sure why it suddenly asks me to do it again.

Haven't had this happen before and I haven't changed anything between now and the last time I used HEM (few days ago). I'm not using 3rd party firewall and all hem and postresql related stuff is in the exceptions list in windows firewall. Tried rebooting the machine, tried turning off the firewall but neither helped. Saw some FAQs telling me to delete files such as holdmemanager.exe.ldat but didn't see it in the HEM folder. I installed the latest beta (although i'm pretty sure it was already installed).

And I have 64bit Win7

Patvs
08-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_09Aug2012.exe

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

fsnzr
08-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_09Aug2012.exe

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

ah right, I did update windows, must be that.

this is the only update it installed

I can see it on update history list but can't find it from installed updates list where you can uninstall updates :confused:

guess not all updates can be removed.

any ideas?

netsrak
08-13-2012, 05:26 AM
The error message is a postgresql related error, it has nothing to do with license registration.

Please check in the windows services (under control panel -> administration) whether your postgresql service is running.
If yes can you try to connect via pgadmin?
If no:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

fsnzr
08-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Tried everything I think and nothing worked. Then re-installed postgres and still getting the same error.

Any more ideas? :/

edit: found the installation file for the windows update KB2721691 from microsoft download center and removed it from my computer using that installation file but that didn't help either.

edit2: Turns out it was a proxy issue. For some unknown reason i was using a proxy and turning that off resolved this. Thanks for the help.

sideshow
08-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi,

Thank you for informing us that the problem was resolved, If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Thanks
Holdem Manager Support