PDA

View Full Version : Date Ranges

PeaceFr0g
05-31-2010, 02:40 PM
This has been bugging me forever about this software, but I'm finally going to ask what the heck I'm doing wrong.

The sort by date filter seem to be screwed up. I'm an old PT3 user and if you wanted hands after the 10th, you would select 'after the 10th' with PT3. This doesn't seem to work with HEM. But then, neither does after the 9th. Here's the simplest example:

Today is the 31st. I played 394 hands today and 329 hands yesterday. That's 723 hands. If I want to look at both yesterday and today, how should I set the date filter? If I set to show hands after the 30th, it give me the 394 hands from today. Fine. But if I set it to show after the 29th, it shows a total of 971 hands. More hands than I played. I have my date starts set at 6:00 (although there's no prompt to set it to am or pm, I assume it's am, because it seems correct). I also did not play any hands between these times, so I don't think this is what's screwing it up.

I can't believe HEM would have this big of a glitch, so what am I doing wrong? I would think it's pretty common to want to sort by dates. Thanks.

morny
05-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Its probably to do with the timezone difference between your time and the poker server time, next time you play a hand, look at the time, what is the timezone difference of the hand?

PeaceFr0g
05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Its probably to do with the timezone difference between your time and the poker server time, next time you play a hand, look at the time, what is the timezone difference of the hand?

Nope, that doesn't appear to be it. The hands are stamped in military time that exactly match when I played a hand in my time zone.

I'm not sure how to change time zones in HEM, however... I just have my day starting at 6:00. There is no am or pm, but I believe it's using am, because I don't have any issues unless I try to include other days. I'd really appreciate some help with this, because I use time/day filters a lot in my analysis.

netsrak
06-01-2010, 03:28 AM
The "Set day starts at" setting is only used for today and some other filters.

For correct results you should use options->adjust site import times to level the handhistories from different sites to your timezone.
Set day starts at should be empty then and you can should be able to use the correct datetime filters.