PDA

View Full Version : Hem r.i.p.

djstew
10-13-2008, 08:22 AM
I had a bunch of tables open with HEM running and my computer froze and I had to restart manually.

After I restarted, when I opened HEM, I received an error message and the program would not finish opening.

After that I downloaded HEM, but without uninstalling the old one.

Now when I open the link to HEM it immediately says HEM has stopped working, Windows will search for a solution etcetc. It does not give me the previous error message -- it just immediately says HEM has stopped working.

I am already running as administrator.

Do I need to uninstall the old version and reinstall a new copy? If so how would I go about this as I do not see an uninstall link? tyvm

fabio
10-13-2008, 09:03 AM
You can uninstall it under Control Panel -> Add/remove Programs

djstew
10-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks Fabio --

I was able to uninstall and redownload the software.

I am now running HEM but there seems to be a rift between the program and the ability to import new hands. My old hand are within the database, but when I click the start auto import button in the import tab, the green task bar (that usually goes from left to right every five seconds) does not initiate -- the message: 'Auto update did not find any new files ... Trying again in 5 seconds .... ' remains static while I do have tables open.

Also, the tables I have open show up in the Table Manager 1.6.1t, but they do not seem to be reading the action for example: under the 'players' tab it is noted that there are 0/6 players while on the actual table there are 6/6 players seated and playing.

I am currently trying to resolve this and I appreciate any input.

Thanks - djstew

djstew
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
ah ok i believe i need to set up my autoimport folders again.

djstew
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
it's working thanks fabio no need to reply