PDA

View Full Version : Can't see some hands of a FTP tourney.

Gato
05-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Hello again.:confused:

I have this problem with a NLHE tournament I played last night in Full Tilt.

I need to see the last hands of this tourney, but in the hands display only appear the hands played until certain point. And if you ask me: Did you click-select the All Hands button?, the answer is yes.

I went to the HMArchive folder and found out that FTP writes a separate file for each table you play in. So, I looked thru those files and the hands I am looking for are indeed there, but they don’t appear in the hands display.

I supposed that for some reason Holdem Manager did not grab those hands, so I copied the files to another folder and reimported them. After a while a message showed that all the hands were duplicated.

Still, I am not able to see those hands for replay or review.

Why is this happening?

Gacil
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi Gato,
You can either post a screenshot for me to have a look at, or perhaps make a test database and just import the tourney that you have problems with to see if that works.

Gato
05-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi Gato,
You can either post a screenshot for me to have a look at, or perhaps make a test database and just import the tourney that you have problems with to see if that works.

I made a test database and it worked. Hands imported are the same, 375.

Then... Why in the big one it fails to show all hands? :confused:

Gacil
05-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Possibly your database has become corrupted, or needs some maintenance.
Do you have a very large database?
If you don't, reimporting your hands into the new db might be the best plan.
If this isn't acceptable, come back and we'll advise what to try next

Gato
05-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Possibly your database has become corrupted, or needs some maintenance.
Do you have a very large database?
If you don't, reimporting your hands into the new db might be the best plan.
If this isn't acceptable, come back and we'll advise what to try next

I didn't think that the process of creating a new whole database would take soooo long and I only have like 120000 hands. I'm sure that the large tournament histories are guilty of delaying the process. Anyway, it is done, although I will pass on this the next time.

Now, can you please tell me how the database can become corrupted? The only action I perform "out of the regular menu" is filtering and deleting players with tourneyhands = 0 and I believe it's harmless.

Regards.

Gacil
05-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I didn't think that the process of creating a new whole database would take soooo long and I only have like 120000 hands. I'm sure that the large tournament histories are guilty of delaying the process. Anyway, it is done, although I will pass on this the next time.

Now, can you please tell me how the database can become corrupted? The only action I perform "out of the regular menu" is filtering and deleting players with tourneyhands = 0 and I believe it's harmless.

Regards.

I can't but I'm sure someone with detailed database knowledge might.
I'll put the question out there and see if we get an answer, which I'm sure would be a very useful addition to the FAQ's.

Gato
05-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, the bad news are that after all those hours populating the new database the problem with that tournament still remains. The hands are not appearing complete, same hands are missing in the hands display. :( :confused: :mad:

I guess we should go with Plan B... Which is?

Gacil
05-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Eww, sorry to hear that.

Plan B is to zip up the problem tourney history and email it to support@holdemmanager.com and we'll have the experts look at the history to see if they can spot a problem. Please include a link to this thread.

Apologies if I misdirected you, I thought you were saying the test db worked, that is 375 hands played - 375 imported from the problem tourney?

Gato
05-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Eww, sorry to hear that.

Plan B is to zip up the problem tourney history and email it to support@holdemmanager.com and we'll have the experts look at the history to see if they can spot a problem. Please include a link to this thread.

Apologies if I misdirected you, I thought you were saying the test db worked, that is 375 hands played - 375 imported from the problem tourney?

You didn't misdirected me, what happened is weird, that`s all. The test db worked fine, that's why I decided to populate it with the rest of the data and the problem showed again.

As soon as I finish playing I will do as you suggest.

Thanks.