PDA

View Full Version : Can't See my results

dialup_king
05-27-2010, 02:44 AM
no hands from the last 24 hours are being shown in the sessions or reports tabs for me or any other players. The hands are still importing and my hud is updating. I don't have any filter and am trying to show all my hands for the month.

Sarek
05-27-2010, 04:38 AM
try to set time filter to ALL hands and look
may be it is related to time shift between you and room

dialup_king
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM
try to set time filter to ALL hands and look
may be it is related to time shift between you and room

I have a lot of hands, so I just set it to all hands from this year, and the hands still don't show up. My hud is still updating.

Sarek
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
try this:
filter - use for all
then
filter - clear

Body Man D
05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm having a similar problem that just started today. My hands are importing fine, but they aren't showing up in the reports tab or the Hands tab. The graphs and reports are working correctly and updating with imports, but the hands are not appearing. I upgraded to the most recent version and vaccumed, analyzed and reindexed my database. I also tried the suggestions above, but nothing seems to be working.

They are showing up under the tourneys tab for whatever reason, but not the cash hands.

Gacil
05-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Try creating a new test database and importing a few of these hands.
What game and site is this happening on?

Body Man D
05-27-2010, 07:11 PM
NL Holdem on Stars, but it doesn't show any hands i've played from FTP either. Here's a screen shot of the reports screen with the hand history not showing. I will attempt to create a new database, but i'm a computer noob so might take a while.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q237/bodymand/today-5.jpg

Body Man D
05-27-2010, 07:40 PM
I created a test database and played a few hands and they did show up. When I switched back to my normal database they did not. Do I need to switch all my hands to a new database. If so is there a FAQ of how to do so. I have a lot of hands.

Gacil
05-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok so we know there is a problem with your main db.

You could try switching back to your main database, and while you're in that window, Fix Indexes.

If this works, you will need to reimport the hands you played with the new db running, as HM will have processed them while your main db was "offline"

If that doesn't work new database is probably the solution.

Let us know how you get on and we'll walk you through it.

Body Man D
05-27-2010, 09:36 PM
When I go into fix indexes, it pulls up a drop down box with 30-40 different indexes. Do I need to just choose one at a time and rebuild and then go through the entire list?

Okay, I went ahead and rebuilt all the selections. It did not fix anything. Go ahead and tell me the best way to create a new db and transfer all the hands. I think I have between 2-3 million hands total.

Body Man D
05-28-2010, 12:02 AM
bump

Sarek
05-28-2010, 04:34 AM
all autoimported HHs are stored in "original" format in archive folder. By default it is located here: C:\HMArchive (but you can find exact path in autoimport settings)
Files there are organized in month-day folders
Create new DB and press Import from folder button in HM
the best way is to import small parts (say month-by month), not entire HMArchive at once.
and yes, this is not a short story...

after you finish all HH import, you may want to deal with notes, rakebacks and so on
see this (with pictures) http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/29670-format-my-computer-folders-save.html#post142951

Body Man D
05-28-2010, 10:18 AM
I wanted to get this started last night before going to bed to allow it to run. So I started before reading your instructions. I was able to import all the hands and everything seems to work fine. The only problem is I had to delete the previous database to make room on the hard drive for reimporting the hands to the new db. Unfortunately it appears my notes were stored with the old db? Any chance of recovering those? Everything else seems to be fine. I still have my hud layout and my table scanner filters etc. seem to be intact.

Gacil
05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
I am afraid that the notes are stored in the database, and if your hard drive is that full, probably overwritten and not recoverable.

I would strongly recommend getting a bigger hard disk, or an external drive so you can make regular backups.

Body Man D
05-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I was able to find where I had exported the notes a couple weeks ago so I was able to save them.

I have an 80gb SSD drive that I use as my primary hard drive. I usually has about 8 gb of free space. I try to only install programs on it that are related to poker. I have an internal 1tb secondary drive that I use for non essential programs and storing photos etc. Which files should I be backing up to prevent future problems, and is the process shown in the FAQ or something to ensure I'm doing it correctly?

Sarek
05-28-2010, 02:10 PM
you can move folder HMArchive to external disk - without losing HM work speed etc
but tell HM about this change (in autoimport settings)

dialup_king
05-30-2010, 04:38 PM
My problem is different from Body Man D. Not only are the individual hands not showing up, they are not part of the statistics

Gacil
05-30-2010, 06:38 PM
My problem is different from Body Man D. Not only are the individual hands not showing up, they are not part of the statistics

Sorry your query seemed to get sidelined by the hijack!

Would you mind starting a new post?
Tell us what HM version, OS, what site these problems are on, when this started. The more info the better in other words.

Apologies for the delay, and I'll make sure we address your issue.

dialup_king
05-31-2010, 04:58 AM
Sorry your query seemed to get sidelined by the hijack!

Would you mind starting a new post?
Tell us what HM version, OS, what site these problems are on, when this started. The more info the better in other words.

Apologies for the delay, and I'll make sure we address your issue.

My problem is that the statistics from the hands I have played for about the last 5 days are not showing up in the tabs, and it has nothing to do with filtering. My hud is still updating, and I was wondering if it is possible for the hud to update without the hands being imported.

morny
05-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe and can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and import the hands for the last few days, check when the import finishes if there are any import errors and see if the hands now show up?

dialup_king
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe and can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and import the hands for the last few days, check when the import finishes if there are any import errors and see if the hands now show up?

I already have the latest version. I made a new database a couple days ago and imported some hands, and they showed up. I don't remember if there were import errors. One thing I noticed is sometimes when I try to import from file or folder into the new database, it says "found 0 files to process" even when there are hand histories inside.

morny
05-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Did you create the new database after or before the hands were missing and are the missing hands showing in that database?

dialup_king
06-01-2010, 02:17 AM
I made it afterwards, and the missing hands are showing.

netsrak
06-01-2010, 03:25 AM
It is possible that your old database is corrupt. Please try a reindex via pgadminII -> maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should reimport all your hands into the new working database.

dialup_king
06-01-2010, 06:05 PM
It is possible that your old database is corrupt. Please try a reindex via pgadminII -> maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should reimport all your hands into the new working database.

I tried pgadminIII and it didn't work and gave me some errors about invalid headers. I get those type of errors when I try fix indexes also. Should I use a new database?

morny
06-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Yes, can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and reimport the hands into that database and it should solve the issues