PDA

View Full Version : Stars tourney results not importing

Veteran68
05-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I've been trying out the DoNs on Stars lately (and running pretty hot, winning 14/16 so far), and also playing some private league tourneys. That's pretty much all I do on Stars. I've noticed in HEM's Tourney Data View that several tourneys (some DoNs, some league MTTs), have no checkbox in the Summary column and no win results. So I requested results for my last several tourneys and attempted to import them with no luck.

First I got an import error and noticed that after cut & pasting the results email to notepad and saving, that some special character encodings (a lot of "=CE" type character strings) from player names in the email were lost or converted to asterisks and thought that was the problem. So I saved the email directly and retried but it failed again, presumably because I left the mail headers intact. So I edited the file to remove the headers, tried again, and then it reported 1 file imported, 0 hands imported, 0 errors. And HEM of course still doesn't show the results for these tourneys.

Did Stars maybe change the summary email format? I can email/PM/attach the email if necessary. Also, it just occurred to me that I didn't move it to a different folder between all of these attempts -- does HEM do the same thing with tourney summaries with regards to ignoring repeated import attempts if it's from the same folder? I'll have to try that when I get home.

Sarek
05-26-2010, 12:51 PM
have you tried to save text in UTF-8 encoding?
and yes, HM remembers last import path - rename file or move it to another folder
moving to archive ia automated during autoimport only