PDA

View Full Version : Stat value diff between HM and PT

JayBee
10-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi...

I am the owner of both HM and PT3... By coincidence I came across that there are differences in the values of stats that should be the same... An example: A random player has played 814 hands and has a 3betting % of 6.82 in PT3 while in HM it is only of 6.2 %... On the fold vs. 3bet stat the same player has a value of 56.25% in PT but only of 28.6% in HM... There is also a difference on the fold BB to steal%... I would like to know why there is this difference or at least how a 3bet and a steal is defined in HM?

morny
10-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I cant comment on the way PT calculate things youll need to contact their support for an explanation and im not sure why there is such a big difference between the 2 stats.

To verify that HM is correct narrow down the same to as small a size as possible i.e 1 or 2 hands where there is a difference and then youll see if HM is calculating it correctly, im sure if this was wrong wed have heard about it by now and have had it fixed.

Fold BB to steal is where your on the BB and you fold when someone raises from the CO, Button or SB (if the applicable villain is the BB) so again narrow it down to 1 or 2 hands and see if there is a difference and if there is export the HH and send to morny@holdemmanager.net

JayBee
10-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Well I had a limit where I had only played 71 hands, so I tried to replay them all in PT3 and note if I had a chance to 3bet and if I did it... I found that my results were in accordance with HM's 3bet percentage and not with pokertracker so I guess that the problem lies in PT... I will try to contact them regarding the problem instead... Thank you for your quick answer...