PDA

View Full Version : New installation doesnt allow specification of postgres-installation

El Helado
05-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Its nice that the newer installationfiles include postgres-installment. That is a good thing but its not good that we cannot choose where to install postgres. In fact, it is close to a catastrophe.

I think a large portion of all users like to have a windows-partition that they format whenever they need to and try to keep all other files on other partitions. Which that "philosophy" then you would try to give the windows partition like 30 gb of space and if holdem manager now installs postgres automatically in c:\Program.... then obviously it will cause a great bit of stress for us.

So I have like 2 things to say

1) PLEEEASE give the option where to install postgres

2) Is there anyway for me to abort this current installation and somehow install postgres and HM seperatly? How? Any tries to change postgres-settings has failed so far for me with trying to change from C:\Program\Postgres to D:\Program\Postgres, maybe we can change the port from 5432 to 5433 but we cant change partition-options.

Gacil
05-25-2010, 07:49 PM
1. We have a suggestions area now, seems likely to me that this would get some votes.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Move Database to Another Hard Drive or Partition (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/Move+Database+to+Another+Hard+Drive+or+Partition)

El Helado
05-25-2010, 08:03 PM
I see it as a bug and I think development should too.