PDA

View Full Version : Which hands/files haven been imported?

willy_tk
05-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Hi there,

didn't know where to post it exactly, so I post it here.
I'm importing a large number of hands right now (almost 5 mio). After 3 mio now the import speed lost huge performance and I actually wanna purge the imported hands and run pgadmin so that the last 2 mio will be imported faster.

But which files haven imported already? If I purge them hands he will reimport all 5mio if I select this folder again, right? And even if he counts them as "duplicated hands" he will still check them, what takes a long time as well, right?

So any solution about this?

Please let me know as soon as possible. Time is money! :D

The Minder
05-25-2010, 03:45 AM
I'd suggest splitting the 5 million into at least 5 files no more than a mil each. That way you can do the purge/cleanup more frequently to maintain peak performance.

willy_tk
05-25-2010, 04:14 AM
well I guess it's too late for this one ;)

next time I will definitely split it up, though it's difficult because I have like 10k littler files and didn't even know how many hands this would be :D

other suggestions?

The Minder
05-25-2010, 04:30 AM
None.

Depends on many things like how powerful your puter is, how clean the O/S is, what else you have running, time of day, phases of the moon, list goes on.

willy_tk
05-25-2010, 06:35 AM
ok i will let it run. but thanks anyway!

Sarek
05-25-2010, 07:07 AM
advice: create separate folder and put path in autoimport list
them move portion of hands into this folder and start autoimport
no playing, just wait
after it finishes, do DB mainternance and repeat with another portion

this way you have full control over how many HHs are imported and how remains to do