PDA

View Full Version : Replacing PostgreSQL

kasoflier
08-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Hello again.

Can I somehow safely move PostgreSQL folder from C:\ to D:\? That's because C:\ is so full and PostgreSQL takes a lot of memory. Anyway can i do that easily and SAFELY(HEM will work well after that too)?

Thanks for advices. :)

Patvs
08-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/MoveDatabaseToAnotherHardDriveOrPartition

kasoflier
08-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Hello, I did this all but now HEM can't make connection to PostgreSQL.

And when I go to Start > Search > Services and try to start PostgreSQL, it says that PostgreSQL Server 8.4 started and stopped.

What can I do now?

kasoflier
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Hello, I did this all but now HEM can't make connection to PostgreSQL.

And when I go to Start > Search > Services and try to start PostgreSQL, it says that PostgreSQL Server 8.4 started and stopped.

What can I do now?
Ok well, I think I did the last part of instruction wrong, but now it's OK. There's only one problem anymore: I got the logon-problem, and then I logon by Local System account, and I don't know the password of "normal account" (Services->PostGreSQL Properties->Login).. How can I get the password, or is it ok to be without knowing it?

Patvs
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM
You should login to the normal Windows account.
Not to the 'postgres' account.

The password for the postgres account (this is ONLY to access the account in pgadminIII is): postgrespass

kasoflier
08-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Are we both talking about password for Services-PostgreSQL Properties -> Login? User name of account was .\postgres and password was hidden xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <- and I can't know what that could be? It was longer than word postgrespass. And when I tried to get Postgre working right, I tried it by logging on by Local System Account.

Patvs
08-25-2012, 08:54 PM
The postgres Windows user account shouldn't require a password.
But you don't need to log into that account anyways.