PDA

View Full Version : Confused on moving HEM to new pc, please help

Cleaner44
05-24-2010, 02:50 PM
I have found the FAQ on backing up and restoring my database and have created a backup. I found the FAQ on registering and resetting my code and I have registered and clicked reset. I am confused as to what to do next.

Is there a step by step guide and if not can we make one?

Here what what I have done, what are the proper steps?

1. Update to the current Release, version 1.11.01.
2. Create backup as shown in the Backup & Restore video:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/418/Backup+%26+Restore)
3. Register at the Holdem Manager Registration System:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fRegistration%2fMemberPag es%2fMemberMainPage.aspx
4. Reset your serial codes so that you can move the license to a new pc or reinstall on a formatted pc.

It is here at step 4 that I am lost. I registered and added my serial code and then clicked the reset button. What now?

Should we start at step 5 on the new pc?

I have downloaded HEM on my new pc, do I just manually enter my old serial code?

p.s.
The link I first posted in step 3 showed my serial code so hopefully that does not compromise my license.

Gacil
05-24-2010, 04:14 PM
I have downloaded HEM on my new pc, do I just manually enter my old serial code?

On your new computer, Help>Registration>Register Holdem Manager. This will take you back to the registation web page. Select your license from the drop down box.

p.s.
The link I first posted in step 3 showed my serial code so hopefully that does not compromise my license.
No worries, your link just takes anyone else back to a blank page

Sarek
05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
now install Postgre and HM on a new PC and run HM
when it asks for code - enter it and then select PC1 or PC2 upon activating

Cleaner44
05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
On your new computer, Help>Registration>Register Holdem Manager. This will take you back to the registation web page. Select your license from the drop down box.

No worries, your link just takes anyone else back to a blank page

So HEM currently is a trial version on the new pc, hopefully that is correct. When I go to Help>Registration>Register Holdem Manager I then login and see my serial number and it shows PC#0 and Date Activated is blank since I did the reset on the old pc. I do not understand how to active it on this new pc. I do not get a drop down box.

Any ideas?

Cleaner44
05-24-2010, 05:28 PM
I think I am ok now, I attemped to register again and this time I got the drop down, choose pc #1 and it looks to be good. Thanks.

Gacil
05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh thats good news, thanks for advising.

bAd JQKe 10
06-06-2010, 12:53 PM
hi,
I have the same problem as Cleaner. When I lohin I see my serial number and it shows PC#0 and Date Activated is blank and I still got the Reset Code button (which I clicked tree different times). I have to mention I've only reseted my license after I reinstalled my PC and now I don't get the drop down box. Did I messed something up ?

mighty
06-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Same problem here as well, unable to register.

netsrak
06-07-2010, 03:32 AM
Could this be a browser problem? Please try a different browser.

If that doesn't help please contact sales@holdemmanager.net with your key

bAd JQKe 10
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I got my HM & OM license codes from Cardrunners. Should I contact them or still contact sales@holdemmanager.net ? Thank you.

morny
06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Please contact cardrunners