PDA

View Full Version : How to get a refund?

WorldWide69
05-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Is it possible to get a refund, if I bought the program last weekend? I've been spending more time trying to get holdem manager working than I have been playing poker. Thanks for any info concerning getting a refund.

WorldWide69
05-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Bump for a mod/support

Gacil
05-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Your post has been flagged for urgent attention as soon as the sales team get back. As you are probably aware the team is in Vegas at the moment, and response time is longer than would normally be the case.

In the meantime you can email sales with links to this thread, and the other one where we tried to get you up and running.

I can advise that a teamviewer session would normally have been suggested to resolve your issues at any other time than this week.

WorldWide69
05-24-2010, 10:25 PM
I appreciate the response, but I think it's ridicules that a company that sells a product leaves without having proper support to help customers.

WorldWide69
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Is there any way we could set up a time to do a teamviewer session? I trust that you could fix the problem.

Sarek
05-25-2010, 02:17 PM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/31110-hm-support-5-21-2010-5-29-2010-a.html

WorldWide69
05-25-2010, 09:21 PM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/31110-hm-support-5-21-2010-5-29-2010-a.html

I'm assuming you didn't read post number 2 and 3? I'm well aware the support team is in Vegas. I think it's insane to accept money for a product, and leave all of your customers without support to fix the product! Mods/Support have time to link me to the thread explaining where the the support team is, yet can't take the time to resolve my issue. Maybe now my blackberry will break, and when I call AT&T to get it fixed I'll get a recording that tells me the entire company is in Florida sun bathing on the beach.

NGSP
05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
HEM Support:

I am or more than likely "was" a prospective new customer. I am currently a customer of PT3 for the past 3+ years. I have a fellow friend that had been telling me to check out HEM. Even though I've paid for my PT3, I was on the verge of making the change over to your product as I have been lurking the forums here and around the poker community....until the red flag "How to get a refund" posted by this OP caught my eye. "Refund" means someone is obviously not happy or experiencing some great difficulty with a product or service.

I am a small business owner myself and I take great pride in taking care of my customers 24/7/365...I must as it can take months to gain a customer and only seconds to lose one.

As a PT3 user, whenever I have required tech support, sometimes not urgent and there have been 3 times that I can remember that it was very urgent, I was taken by the hand and my problems resolved immediately....no matter what day of the week that it was or what time. I have always received superior CS support from them.

As a prospective new customer to you, that is what I would expect from you. From what I have seen here, I wouldn't be receiving it. Yes, I understand that your team is on vacation or whatnot but when this guy is receiving replies from "tech support" members here and the only replies I see are copy & paste links to your "away" post tells me that your Vegas trip comes 1st and your customers 2nd.

Seriously, is it that difficult to log-on to your laptops in your hotel to take care of "business"? If I were you, I'd think long and hard about it.

B-Money
05-26-2010, 02:52 PM
I can understand why you guys are frustrated. This meeting in Vegas is the first time we've ever taken a day off. To be perfectly honest, it wasn't even a day off, it was a much needed face to face meeting with everyone to discuss business issues. We normally work 24/7/365 XMAS included.

I'm back along with Fozzy and Fool. We'll do what we can to assist but we are still down 4 support members so we are extremely busy. We knew this would happen and that's why we've brought in some trusted forum members to help. I wasn't comfortable with them doing TeamViewer sessions so I instructed them to not offer them while we were away. Ed's TV sessions are backlogged but I'm sure he can squeeze you in.

WorldWide, I see from your other thread you've gone through some extensive trouble shooting and are still having issues. I've forwarded this thread to Ed and hopefully you guys can get together for a teamviewer session.

I'll check back later today and if no TV session is scheduled I'll do it. I don't do support daily so Ed is your best bet. But I will follow up to make sure you are taken care of.

-B

fozzy71
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and URGENT in the title, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you. I schedule support from 12:00 - 22:00 EDT, 7 days a week.

I have 4 sessions planned for today: 3pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9:30pm. All times are EDT (Eastern, GMT-4).

Let me know what times would be best and I will do everything I can to squeeze you in, even if it means staying up late tonight or getting up early tomorrow.

WorldWide69
05-26-2010, 03:43 PM
I can understand why you guys are frustrated. This meeting in Vegas is the first time we've ever taken a day off. To be perfectly honest, it wasn't even a day off, it was a much needed face to face meeting with everyone to discuss business issues. We normally work 24/7/365 XMAS included.

I'm back along with Fozzy and Fool. We'll do what we can to assist but we are still down 4 support members so we are extremely busy. We knew this would happen and that's why we've brought in some trusted forum members to help. I wasn't comfortable with them doing TeamViewer sessions so I instructed them to not offer them while we were away. Ed's TV sessions are backlogged but I'm sure he can squeeze you in.

WorldWide, I see from your other thread you've gone through some extensive trouble shooting and are still having issues. I've forwarded this thread to Ed and hopefully you guys can get together for a teamviewer session.

I'll check back later today and if no TV session is scheduled I'll do it. I don't do support daily so Ed is your best bet. But I will follow up to make sure you are taken care of.

-B

I appreciate the response. I was previously using PT3, and got rid of it after trying the HM 15 day trial. I think HM is superior to PT3, and look forward to being able to use it. I apologize if my post was received as rude, but it's frustrating when you buy a product, and are unable to use it. I look forward to getting Hm up and running, thanks.

NGSP
05-31-2010, 05:22 PM
B-Money:

I'm not mad or frustrated...I'm not a customer of yours..."YET", maybe the OP was but my post was just in relation to my being a prospective new customer and my observing the support issues.

After seeing that support got on this guys problem, I downloaded the trial version of HEM. I like your product, but if I may make a suggestion that the 15 day trial is too short. It should be at least 30-days for me to make my decision on switching from PT3 to your product, especially since I've already paid for PT3.

I also am having issues with HEM, not severe, but upon starting the client it just hangs for a good 5 minutes before starting up.

WorldWide69
05-31-2010, 05:43 PM
B-Money:

I'm not mad or frustrated...I'm not a customer of yours..."YET", maybe the OP was but my post was just in relation to my being a prospective new customer and my observing the support issues.

After seeing that support got on this guys problem, I downloaded the trial version of HEM. I like your product, but if I may make a suggestion that the 15 day trial is too short. It should be at least 30-days for me to make my decision on switching from PT3 to your product, especially since I've already paid for PT3.

I also am having issues with HEM, not severe, but upon starting the client it just hangs for a good 5 minutes before starting up.

I suggest you get in touch with Fozzy71 about HM lagging. He was able to fix all of my problems except for my rush problems which is due to my PC. He'll definitely be able to fix any problems you may be having.

NGSP
06-01-2010, 09:27 PM
I suggest you get in touch with Fozzy71 about HM lagging. He was able to fix all of my problems except for my rush problems which is due to my PC. He'll definitely be able to fix any problems you may be having.

That's if I buy it. As stated the 15-day trial is too short, I'll try my best to evaluate HEM within that time frame, but my time to do so is very limited within a 15-day period. Not my PC, PT3 opens and runs very fast and no problems. HEM works for Rsuh with me but is very slow and every 5 hands or so it doesn't update with the correct player names, the table blinks, etc. PT3 doesn't do any of that an updates my rush tables instantly. So, not sure yet about HEM. 30-days of full trial, would better my options as a new customer...but looks like they wont budge off of that.

pokerplayer99
06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey Fozzy - I tend to agree that 15 days is short. There is a 30 day trial period for SNG Wizard.

I have purchased the product and I appreciate the fact that I have 30 days to evaluate the Wiz.

CD

pokerplayer99
06-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey NGSP -

I was in the software business for over 15 years till I made a move to another industry and there is ALWAYS someone who is not happy about the software they are using. I couldn't even get PT3 to work on my computer and the support was vague to say the least, so I removed it from my computer.

I think when all the smoke and the column fodder clear, one product is as good as the next and it comes down to the level of support that is available and how quickly you can get your issue resolved.

My hats off to RVG for supporting so many different sites, it is certainly no easy task as well trying to keep up with the updates on the different operating systems and trying to add enhancements. The list goes on and I am sure their Product Managers are quite busy.

I really don't think its appropriate for you to be writing "I probably won't be your customer" on this site and I am surprised that the forum managers allowed this thread to continue and didn't handle it with a phone call or a private message/email to address your issue.

As for me, I like HEM and will stick with the product until they give me a reason to leave. I cant understand why you would leave the other product you say you have been with for 3 years and face a new learning curve when you could be using the other product to make money.

Just my thoughts and it was not my intent to offend anyone.

CD

morny
06-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the comments, if there is a valid reason we have no problems extending the trials but the only time we receive requests for extensions is due to people downloading trials and then they forgot to trial it for whatever reason, Ive yet to receive a request previous to this for an extension because someone felt 15 days was not long enough but if there is a reason you feel you need an extension please email support@holdemmanager.com with details and well be happy to accommodate you. Also note that our trial is 100% functional and no features are disabled during the trial