PDA

View Full Version : Where do HH go from imported databases?

GeorgeLuz
05-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi,

HHs from imported hands go to HMarchive (or whatever you named it) and are sorted by year/month/day.

However, when i export a database from my laptop and then import on my normal pc, where do those HH go? i cant seem to find them.

Regards.

Sarek
05-22-2010, 01:30 PM
HM moves files only if they are autoimported
if you use manual import from folder or file - original files remain on their place

GeorgeLuz
05-23-2010, 01:43 AM
thanks,

so what happens if i import them from an external harddisk, and afterwards i remove that HD from the usb port, surely they must be stored somewhere otherwise HM can display them, right?

Gacil
05-23-2010, 03:11 AM
The hands are processed and stored in the database, then archived.

This is why you will often see the advice to keep your old hand histories, in case they need to be reimported due to a major upgrade or database corruption.

To see where yours are being stored after processing

Options > Configure Auto Import Folders

Window will list your current auto import folder locations
Highlight a location and click Edit

In the Add auto Import Folder window that pops up there is an Archive Folder box (usually greyed out) showing the path for your hands.

This is where you would change it if you wanted to save them somewhere else.

Edit Just reread your OP, Sarek is correct. But HM doesn't need access to the hand histories again once they are loaded into the database.

_Capt'n_Cardiac_
05-23-2010, 03:34 AM
This FAQ:-
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: PostgreSQL Introduction (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/68/PostgreSQL+Introduction)

It basically says this:-

On your PC you have a program called postgreSQL. It's a 3rd Party database management program which allows HM to save & store the HH files.When HM & postgreSQL are working together they talk with each other through a "Network" on your PC

###

It is postgreSQL that is storing the data from the hands & it is postgreSQL that supplies the stats that go to your HUD or Replayer or Analysis pages in HM...

oops just seen Gacil beat me to it

You've almost got a royal flush of amateur support in your thread George - two more to go