PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 update HEM wont start

spmoylan
05-21-2010, 11:12 PM
I am running Windows 7 and after the update last night HEM will not start. I keep getting this Error. I have removed my anti virus and have attempted the stop and restart of the server. I have shut down and rebooted. I have attempted the sticky in the main forum by "morny". I do not know what else to do. Please assist. Thank you.

The Minder
05-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Was this an update to Windows or to HM?

spmoylan
05-22-2010, 12:47 AM
It was a windows update. I also updated HEM. Update also did the windows defender and firewall updates in the FAQ.

Sarek
05-22-2010, 06:43 AM
can't read error message
what exactly it says?

_Loki_
05-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Hi Sp

I'm pretty sure your error message reads :-
"Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

This will fix you up or lead you along the right path - you will see your error message in there...

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

######
Incidentally...
You did the firewall & Defender updates in the FAQ ? What do you mean by this ? If you look at the above FAQ at the bottom it links to other FAQ's that address exactly those areas

spmoylan
05-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Thank you Loki. It was the local system account. I appreciate the help. What I meant by the firewall and defenser updates was there are links in the bottom of the page for those areas and that I had gone to those pages and followed the instructions there.So for the confusion was frustrated and unable to get anywhere. Appreciate all the help guys.