PDA

View Full Version : Real Deal Poker

sqlguy
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM
On a whim, I had HEM do a auto-detect of import directories, and it detected the Real Deal Poker directory.

RDP is a standalone site using a platform from Everleaf.

I started import, and all seemed to go well, and the hand histories disappeared from the RDP directory, but I could not find any RDP players in the Players tab

what should I do to investigate this further?

I compared the file format of the hand history files to those of Everleaf, and they seemed to be exactly identical, except:

a)
the first line says:
Real Deal Poker Game #xxxxxx
instead of:
Everleaf Gaming Game #xxxxxx

b) just before the section saying what players did or did not show, 2 new lines are added:
Certifying game
Game check certification complete

is there any chance that I can use HEM with this poker room?

a.k.a.Also
05-21-2010, 06:21 PM
It seems Everleaf support is still in the early stages and that all the kinks should start to be ironed out in the next couple of updates, which I guess won't be for a week or two.

_Capt'n_Cardiac_
05-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Maybe these will help though I appreciate the HH's are slightly different:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Everleaf Poker General Information (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/420/Everleaf+Poker+General+Information)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Everleaf Poker Setup (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/419/Everleaf+Poker+Setup)

You could suggest Real Deal support in the suggestions forum, but make sure to read the sticky & set up a poll (sticky explains how)

###
Personal comment: Although the 'cut n shuffle' concept they use seems flawed to me I did sign up with Real Deal last year long before they launched
I did so to get their emailed newsletters
I fancied getting away from the HUD multi-tablers & bonus whores who take the adrenaline buzz out of the game for me :)
I didn't deposit though because not enough action at my stakes/game yet

AJG
06-16-2010, 04:25 AM
Can you expand abit on why, to you, the 'cut n shuffle' system seems flawed?

My understanding is it was developed to address the 'flaws' used by PRNG based shuffle/deal algorithms??

Agreed traffic is poor so far, but the site itself seems pretty good. I didnt expect it to kick off with 1000s of players on simultaneously, like anything else it will need time to grow. At the moment the only games getting decent numbers are the freerolls, and also microstakes games while the freerolls are running (and just after). i wonder how much they are going to have to giveaway in the freerolls before they start to see a decent return?

_Loki_
06-16-2010, 06:25 PM
This is cardiac when not helping with support...

REALDEALPOKER - Help > FAQ's (http://www.realdealpoker.com/en.help.faq)
TheRealDealPoker Blog (http://therealdealpoker.blog.co.uk/)

My comment about it being flawed is based on what I regard as abuse of FAIR PLAY & I think 'Cut N Shuffle' is irrelevant mostly

####
Here are some of the abuses of FAIR PLAY that bother me:

A] Abuse by the PLAYER:
Player collusion (chip dumping, sharing old HH data, sharing live hole cards by coded chat, IM etc)
Multi-accounting
Datamining
Buying HH's
Bots possibly
Some multitablers slowing the play while they make decisions at other tables
Nasty chat (usually makes me laugh, but sometimes I have to turn it off)

B] Abuse by the POKER CLIENT:
Superusers
Slow release of bonuses & tourney winnings
Absurdly high sign-up bonus percentage schemes with difficult-to-grasp T&C's & near-impossible targets to realise the bonuses
Not doing enough to combat the PLAYER abuses listed above
Going bust

####
The 'innovations' at Real Deal do not address any of these REAL issues I've listed above. instead Real Deal have latched on to one thing - they've figured out that a small, but not insignificant number of players who think that online poker is fixed & Real Deal hope to attract those disgruntled people who put their losses down to everything except their own poor play. Some players have noticed that they start off winning for a week or so & then suddenly it all goes to hell. They imagine that the poker client is feeding winning hands to newbies to encourage them to deposit more on the site & then the priviliges are withdrawn.

####
But, does 'Cut N Shuffle' REALLY make it harder for poker sites to fix the deal to create action ? I don't think so. The problem is - the Cut N Shuffle audit process is nothing to write home about...

Each real shuffled deck is video captured on the Cut N Shuffle machine & the digital information is sent to a 'matrix' where it waits to be delivered to a 'table'
I suppose each line of the matrix represents one shuffled deck
According to Real Deal the particular line of the matrix which is delivered to your table is decided by a 'random' process based on the time & date
I believe that just one instance of a shuffled deck video capture serves for just one ONE HAND at your virtual table
So to play 100 hands at a table would require 100 'fetches' from the matrix of 100 lines & each line is used only once & deleted
Obviously the machines can shuffle a deck a lot quicker than a hand can be played so the machines are generating many times more hands than your table needs
When your table next needs a shuffled deck from the matrix (at the next hand) it would not necessarily be from the same real deck as the previous hand & even if by chance it were the same real deck it will not be the next shuffled hand from that deck which is delivered to your table

There's an audit trail that's accessible only by an independent auditor
Anyone who questions a hand can have the audit trail revealed for that hand upon the payment of a 'small fee' to Real Deal Poker (the small fee is $50 !!!)
If any funny business is detected you are awarded 100 times the fee & everyone involved in the hand who lost out will presumably have their monies refunded

The auditor can ONLY look at the hand (or string of hands) in question though
Even if the auditor can verify a clear trail from the machine to the table he can't show that the matrix line was only used on that table
If Real Deal got busy & ran out of machine shuffling capacity what is to prevent them throwing the same matrix line at 5 different tables at once ? When the 'new deck' is cut at each of the tables the dealt hands would be different
What prevents Real Deal from 'stacking the deck' by deleting lines from the matrix before they are used & only allowing lines through to the tables which are most likely to generate action ?
An audit based on player queries of one hand (or string of hands at one table) would not pick up these short cuts & if a dataminer wanted to show the decks were skewed he would need in the order of at least 100,000,000's of hands for significant results (my wild guess)

I am not suggesting that Real Deal are dishonest or that they will be dishonest in the future, but I think the 'Cut N Shuffle' chain is probably open to abuse from a built-in back door just as much as any other system. A true audit of a poker client would be very difficult to do & this type of audit is not what's on offer here

A poker site that can get heavy with players who collude & multiaccount. Who take anti-datamining measures & who can show that they are insured against 'going bust' would be a true innovation :)

_Loki_
06-16-2010, 08:19 PM
I just noticed in my previous post I wrote that lines are deleted from the matrix - I don't think they are. I think they are moved/archived for 12 months

I've just been reading some posts on another forum saying how there's less suck outs on the river at Real Deal. I MUST deposit at real deal then if there's people there who believe this garbage. It will be healing crystals next.

BTW - For me the best poker is live poker 'round the kitchen table with a few beers & plenty of friendly insults/banter
No online poker game offers poorly shuffled decks like in real poker at home - a gift from heaven for the attentive player with a decent card memory
That's what I consider a 'Real Deal'

Why didn't they call it 'Shuffle N Cut' anyway ?

Kikser1214
08-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Hawe anyone fix this i hawe the same problem.By the way poker room suport tells me that Real deal poker is suported

netsrak
08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
* Please try updating to the latest version 1.11.04 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)