PDA

View Full Version : Just broke a lot of programs on my computer using HEM import

mrhobbeys
05-21-2010, 10:51 AM
I have just made a huge mess. I imported the root of a drive because there are HH files all over the place and I did not want to have to find them.

Now I have in my archive folder dates that were never played and files that should not be there. I also have a problem when I try to open programs like symantec corporate, quickbooks, peachtree accounting, and I am worried that more programs are broken.

Please help me; how do I figure out where the files go and how do I restore them???:eek:

mrhobbeys
05-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Holdem manager is one of the broken programs I get an error:

An error occurred while loading the Prefs files: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml, Version=20.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Sarek
05-21-2010, 11:55 AM
the better way is to reinstall all this soft
and update HM - one of changes in 1.11 is "• Fixed problem where non-poker directories could be identified as auto import folders"
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/30576-1-11-01-official-release.html
after you get all software working delete all non-HH files from archive
next time be careful when setting autoimport folders

mrhobbeys
05-21-2010, 12:01 PM
OMG this is sick. Any chance that some sort of restore would work?

Should I assume that this database is no good also?

Sarek
05-21-2010, 12:05 PM
this has no affect to DB
even if HM tries to import some non-poker files, it only write error in log if can't import it
so in DB you will have only poker hand histories (and tourney summaries) - no more