PDA

View Full Version : How to default to All hands instead of Last 100?

xplore
05-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Also, how do I default my sessions tab to grouping (each session) by day instead of always session by session?

_Capt'n_Cardiac_
05-21-2010, 09:18 AM
I had not noticed that before. When HM is launched it doesn't remember the 'Group By:' setting nor the radio button for number of hands displayed

I don't think these defaults can be changed & I imagine this is because of resource usage/performance reasons. It is much easier on postgreSQL/HM to only hunt out the Hero 'last 100' hands & 'Group By:' = Session

I will ask the developers/more experienced moderators when they return next week from their annual conference & then report back to this thread

xplore
05-21-2010, 09:40 AM
I had not noticed that before. When HM is launched it doesn't remember the 'Group By:' setting nor the radio button for number of hands displayed

I don't think these defaults can be changed & I imagine this is because of resource usage/performance reasons. It is much easier on postgreSQL/HM to only hunt out the Hero 'last 100' hands & 'Group By:' = Session

I will ask the developers/more experienced moderators when they return next week from their annual conference & then report back to this thread

Alright thanks!

Another question, I play a lot of RUSH and for some reason after I start up a new session, all the HH still remain in the FTP HH folder. So when I go to Auto Import it has to go through maybe 2-5k hands and says they're all duplicates (which means they're not added into the DB right?) So why aren't my HH being moved to the archived folder and deleted from the original HH folder?

Sarek
05-21-2010, 12:12 PM
if HM says HH are dublicates - they are skipped and don't come to DB again
HH's are moved from room's folder to archive after some time. This period can be changed via menu Options - Misc - Archive duration
the easiest way is to let autoimport working some time after finishing playing

xplore
05-21-2010, 01:26 PM
if HM says HH are dublicates - they are skipped and don't come to DB again
HH's are moved from room's folder to archive after some time. This period can be changed via menu Options - Misc - Archive duration
the easiest way is to let autoimport working some time after finishing playing

Ah okay thanks for info.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the HH moved to the archived folder the moment the user stops auto importing?

morny
06-02-2010, 03:18 AM
No, because for most sites it continues to write to the same file and so it would cause errors if you moved it at the same time it was trying to write to it.

regarding defaulting to all, we dont do this due to performance issues, if this was default and someone with a huge sample of hands had it defaulted to this it would probably just hang for ages and possibly crash each time he opened it