PDA

View Full Version : Cant install postgres

Pelion
05-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi all,

Ive recently bought a new computer running windows 7 and every way ive tried to install HEM including using the combo installer and the standard download link on the downloads page, postgres refuses to connect to 127.0.0.1 and doesnt finish installing.

Ive spent about 3 days trying every fix I can find posted on this site. Ive tried installing a tonne of different versions of postgres, all with UAC and defender off, and with the correct port open on windows firewall.

Please help me. I want to poker :(.

Pelion
05-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Any ideas? I still cant get this working. Is there some kind of compatability version or something?

spmoylan
05-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Windows 7 as well. Updated this morning at 3 am and now cant get HEM to work. Have also tried all options given on the site with no help. Someone please help us.

_Capt'n_Cardiac_
05-21-2010, 10:40 PM
spmoylan - maybe not related to the OP

To avoid confusion...

Can you please start a new thread. Giving all the details including what you updated - do you mean HM or Windows updates ?

Answer in a new thread you've started

_Capt'n_Cardiac_
05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Pelion - I expect it is most likely to do with your settings in win7

Maybe the solutions is inside this FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

A lot of the stuff there you have already tried, but please give it a go & report back. At the bottom of the FAQ are links to 3 other FAQ's that deal with related solutions such as Defender, Firewall & Windows updates - I know you've mentioned these, but check you've covered all the bases