PDA

View Full Version : downloaded demo, not working

tomark
05-20-2010, 01:43 AM
well, here is what i have done so far:

-Started it up, started a .01/.02 game, set up auto import. HUD did not show up. Sat down at table and played a few hands, hud began to show up. problem 1, hands not being imported, and HUD not displayed when I am not playing (note, I did not change the settings at this point, "disable hud stats when there is no hero" is not checked). seemed to otherwise be working fine.

-Adjusted player preferences and added hud stats I was interested in.

-setup hero names

-looked at reports and set it up for myself

-went back into game, HUD not working. hands still not imported when I am not playing. When I do play, hands ARE being imported, however problem 2, table manager has the tables listed as 0/6 players with 0 hands played, and the HUD is still not being displayed. When I open a table, the table is added to the list, just no hands are reported. Attempted to relaunch hud. Attempted to restart HEM, attempted to restart pokerstars, checked to make sure instant hand histories are still being saved, all not solutions.

Please help.

Secondary quetion- what is table manager for? Do I need it to remain open for the HUD to work or something?

Thanks

-Tom

tomark
05-20-2010, 01:55 AM
should add - this is on pokerstars cash games. does not import for tournaments that I am viewing either.

tomark
05-20-2010, 02:14 AM
ok, this error just got weirder to me. HEM works at .01/.02 tables, but does not work at .05/.10 tables. When I went back into the games, I went into .05/.10, my normal level, and thats why it didnt work, its not working at .05/.10...

I am currently sitting at one .05/.10 table (no HUD, howver data is downloading), and one .01/.02 table (HUD, working fine) at the same time.

EDIT:

Tables where HUD is displayed (that I have tested):
.01/.02 NL HE
.01/.02 PL Omaha 6 max
.01/.02 NL HE 6 max
.02/.05 NL HE
Tournament 9 man

Tables where hud is not displayed (that I have tested):
.05/.10 NL HE 6 max
.10/.25 NL HE 6 max
.05/.10 PL Omaha 6 max

also, all 9 person tables have weird formatting issues as discussed in the next post I made.

tomark
05-20-2010, 02:32 AM
ok, more complaints, yay.

I just joined a 9 person tournament, and the player at 6 o clock has his data at 9 o clock, and the player at 9 oclocks data is pushed to the side, thus blocking the cards shown at 8oclock ish.

I dont know if the same holds true for .01/.02 because I only did 6 max tables at the cash games.

tomark
05-21-2010, 12:32 AM
bump

Added question:

how do you import tournament results from pokerstars into the HEM?

The Minder
05-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Dude, you're in a world of hurt.

I suggest you first set up Pokerstars correctly... see here FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Poker Clients (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/categories/Frequently+Asked+Questions/Installation+%26+Setup/Poker+Clients/)

Then set up HM with things like Hero name etc.

Then set HM's directories FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setting Up Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/274/Setting+Up+Auto+Import+Folders)

Oh btw... table manager is needed... don't close it.
and awaaaaaaaaaaay you go.

The Minder
05-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Check here for PS tournie summary importing
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Poker Stars General Information (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/343/Poker+Stars+General+Information#tournament)

And while you're at it, try searching the FAQ for other issues you might have.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/)

It's a pretty good system.

The Minder
05-21-2010, 12:53 AM
ok, more complaints, yay.

I just joined a 9 person tournament, and the player at 6 o clock has his data at 9 o clock, and the player at 9 oclocks data is pushed to the side, thus blocking the cards shown at 8oclock ish.

I dont know if the same holds true for .01/.02 because I only did 6 max tables at the cash games.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setup Preferred Seating For Poker Stars (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/365/Setup+Preferred+Seating+For+Poker+Stars)

I gotta ask... have you read anything about setting up HM ??

tomark
05-21-2010, 03:15 AM
I have read plenty about it. Im kind of thinking you didnt read my post though.

1) The HUD works at .01/.02 and .02/.05. Furthermore, my hand histories are being saved, that is not the issue. I currently have information about .05/.10 hands that I have played. So I dont know why you would think the proper solution would be to link me to setting up the hand history save files, considering that hand histories being saved is NOT THE PROBLEM.

2) I asked how to import tournament results. I already have had the results emailed to me, I saw no place where I could IMPORT the results INTO HEM, something which was not explained in the link you gave me.

3) wow, triple fail. I did not say that the players were all in the wrong position, exactly ONE player had their information in the wrong spot. The player at 6 o clock had his information at 9 o clock, and the person at 9 oclock's information was pushed to the side.

Literally zero of your links were helpful. I have read all of them. So there is the answer to your question.

Thanks for the attempted help, but this is annoying. I was using Pokertracker before, and tried to make the change over because the people on 2+2 tend to mostly use HEM, but ive been very underwhelmed by the software thusfar.

The Minder
05-21-2010, 04:27 AM
I have read plenty about it. Im kind of thinking you didnt read my post though.

1) The HUD works at .01/.02 and .02/.05. Furthermore, my hand histories are being saved, that is not the issue. I currently have information about .05/.10 hands that I have played. So I dont know why you would think the proper solution would be to link me to setting up the hand history save files, considering that hand histories being saved is NOT THE PROBLEM.
problem 1, hands not being imported, and HUD not displayed when I am not playing HM will not import if you're only observing. Is this what you were doing or where you sitting out?

2) I asked how to import tournament results. I already have had the results emailed to me, I saw no place where I could IMPORT the results INTO HEM, something which was not explained in the link you gave me. Perhaps it would have been helpful if you mentioned you had already requested summaries from Pokerstars. Putting my mind-reader abilities to one side for a moment, do a cut and paste of the data from the pokerstars email into a Notepad document. Save the notepad doc with an appropriate name (I use yymmdd.txt format) and make sure you save the file in UTF format. From the Import tab in HM, select Import File(s) and select the notepad file you just created.

3) wow, triple fail. I did not say that the players were all in the wrong position, exactly ONE player had their information in the wrong spot. The player at 6 o clock had his information at 9 o clock, and the person at 9 oclock's information was pushed to the side.
Right click and drag the data to the correct position. However, I suggest you refresh yourself with the FAQ on HUD profiles to get a little more info on this.

Literally zero of your links were helpful. I have read all of them. So there is the answer to your question.
Np, but I doubt I will offer assistance in future.

Thanks for the attempted help, but this is annoying. I was using Pokertracker before, and tried to make the change over because the people on 2+2 tend to mostly use HEM, but ive been very underwhelmed by the software thusfar.
Depends what you want the software to do. PT3 and HM both have strengths, and because they try and cover so much they also have weaknesses.

tomark
05-21-2010, 11:39 AM
problem 1, hands not being imported, and HUD not displayed when I am not playing HM will not import if you're only observing. Is this what you were doing or where you sitting out?

Hands ARE being imported when I play. HUD still does not display, but HUD DOES display in lower limit games.

Hands are NOT being imported when I observe AND when I am sitting out.

Perhaps it would have been helpful if you mentioned you had already requested summaries from Pokerstars. Putting my mind-reader abilities to one side for a moment, do a cut and paste of the data from the pokerstars email into a Notepad document. Save the notepad doc with an appropriate name (I use yymmdd.txt format) and make sure you save the file in UTF format. From the Import tab in HM, select Import File(s) and select the notepad file you just created.

Right click and drag the data to the correct position. However, I suggest you refresh yourself with the FAQ on HUD profiles to get a little more info on this.

Ok, this is one place where maybe I am having an issue. I do not see an import tab. Also, when I went into the hands tab on the side, it said that Omaha hands are grouped in the stats tab. I also do not see a stats tab.

Maybe I need to redownload, or maybe im missing it and just being stupid.

Np, but I doubt I will offer assistance in future.

Depends what you want the software to do. PT3 and HM both have strengths, and because they try and cover so much they also have weaknesses.

well i doubt my HEM problems is the norm. if the thing worked, and I got used to it, id probably like it better than PT3.