PDA

View Full Version : Error Trying to Connect to Database

RLOG
10-11-2008, 05:03 AM
Hi,

I'm having trouble accessing my HEM at the moment. It's been working fine up until last night. I tried to open it (usually open most of the time but I think I'd restarted recently) and I got the following error message.

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

It then takes me to the database connect screen. When I press connect I get the following.

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/ship_it_fish/HEMerror.jpg

This is strange as it's been working fine for a couple of months now and I've not changed anything that I can think of. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Ross.

mk105
10-11-2008, 09:02 AM
See my post on this page titled error message. This is exactly what I have been trying to fix for 4 days now.
Monry If this help when I try and connect using postgre this is the exact same error message.

morny
10-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Please follow this FAQ http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=164

MK105, if youve already followed that and still have the problem email me morny@holdemmanager.net and well arrange a teamviewer session for Sunday as im finished early today and link to this thread

RLOG
10-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the help, very prompt! :)

I've managed to get mine going again, I just recently updated vista and it must have been a windows defender update. All running smooth.

Thanks once again.

mk105
10-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Do you mind telling me what you did to Windows Defender to get it working. I am on day 4 or 5 trying to get mine running.
I am lost with defender and have no idea what to try. Completely out of ideas.

RLOG
10-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Sure. I just opened it up by going to Windows Security Center and clicking on Malware protection, then clicked on Windows Defender on the left hand side, clicked the down arrow beside the blue question mark and pressed 'Exit Windows Defender'. Seemed to shut it down and things worked from there.

Have you installed any security updates recently?

mk105
10-11-2008, 02:02 PM
No I have not installed anything. I have auto updates turned off. I will try and follow this when I get home in a few hours (still at work right now). This really sounds like my problem since I have the same exact error message and we are both running Vista.
Defender is the only program I have not really messed with much.
Thanks
Martin