PDA

View Full Version : can i hide the hud if sample size is small?

yummybuffet
10-11-2008, 12:37 AM
can i set up the hud to not display stats if the sample size is too small, eg 5 hands?

morny
10-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Not currently although its already being forwarded for suggestion

ggplz
10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Please get this implemented ASAP

Its so important i dont think any of u realise how many mistakes this causes some of us.

Skesis
10-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Is there not a feature where the stats are faint until they're a decent sample size? I could swear there was when I first used HEM, turned it off though.

ggplz
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
not good enough

Skesis
10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
not good enough

I can see why you'd want it but are you saying you never look at the amount of hands before you look at the rest of the stats? That's a leak imo. Make the number of hands bright red so it catches your attention?

ggplz
10-14-2008, 12:05 PM
It is a serious leak, you're correct :( I have an awful lot of trouble doing this though and i've tried many layouts :(

That said, i dont see why its not been implemented already b/c i did complain about it like 6 months ago or something.

I even stopped using the HUD for a while, ontop of all other factors going on atm causing me to not do so great this is something that i can easily complain about.

morny
10-14-2008, 02:16 PM
The thing about this is i dont think it would be very useful, its super standard to look at the hand sample for most people and we also have the other option of the stats showing up less vibrant if theyre over a small sample.

If your not getting enough time to look at the amount of hands played then your either playing too many tables or not paying enough attention to that stats and just showing hands that only appear after x amount of hands is just one problem, what about where you have 250 hands vs 10k hands, if your giving someones stats the same credit over 250 hands compared with 10k hands your making a big mistake and if your not looking at the hands played then this will happen regularly. Im only pointing this out from a helpful point of view, not trying to say your idea hasnt some merit but it has already been put forward for suggestion and if Roy/Mike believe it has merit theyll add it as soon as they get an oppurtunity but theres tons of development so youll just need to be patient.:)

ggplz
10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
This is true but what exactly do we gain from 1-40 hand samples? not much at all.. I would prefer no stats without perhaps being confused into doing something stupid in reaction to a meaningless sample. This is pretty much exactly my problem :/

I thought i could get over it after using pt2+pah for so long but im still struggling and it still hasn't been changed.

Why do people think 'just check the hand sample, no big deal' when the fact is that a useless hand sample is being displayed where it shouldn't be given their own personal requirements for a meaningful sample.

yummybuffet
10-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I'll mess around with the layout...but I don't see why it's only a consideration after so long.

i know i have to analyze the stats/situation...but this would allow for more time to make decisions--one less thing to worry about.

morny
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
I did say that it was put forward but theres hundreds of small development things like this which dont neccessarily take 5 mins work so we can only do a small bit at a time, Wed all love if all the developments were finished tommorrow but its just not possible, and although this is a nice feature/option things like bugs and the bigger development will naturaly have higher priority so smaller things like this might have to wait that bit longer.

My opionion personally is id never use it, i can quickly see if someone has little or no stats because theyll have lots of - and single digit numbers in the stats but id much rather have 15 hands on someone if they 3bet me and ive TT or JJ for example, i think knowing whether theyre 15/15 and 3bet 66% or playing 2/2 over the same sample and 3bet 0%, of course its not a big enough sample to be accurate but a maniac will never be 2/2 over 15 and a nit will never be 15/15 over 15 so i think its better to have small amount of stats but thats just my personal opinion and hopefully youll have the option to have either soon and well all be happy

ggplz
10-15-2008, 03:36 PM
So you would rather waste time looking over useless stats than have 'relevant' stat samples be displayed? Seems like a huge waste of time.

Imho, this fix is more important than i think you realise.

yummybuffet
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the explanation/replies...but the thing is even though you don't have trouble, it causes me and others to make frustrating errors..a definite "it's on the development list" is more reassuring, instead of "it's not important but we'll consider it." Anyway I'll try to mess with the layout more (had trouble last time).

Mike chops
10-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I agree with Morny but it has been requested enough that we will do this soon. Different strokes...

yummybuffet
10-15-2008, 11:51 PM
cool thanks!

Mike chops
10-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Haven't done it yet dude!