PDA

View Full Version : Datamining on FTP

R1Rider
10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Can you explain me how to datamine on FTP? Do I simply need to start the auto-import? I think Full Tilt isn't saving observed hands at the same place.
Thanks for your help

morny
10-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah just start the auto import and make sure your auto import folder is exactly as in the FAQ http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=142

R1Rider
10-10-2008, 07:29 PM
With your help, I found what the problem was, thanks a lot!

Timely
10-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Datamining isn't allowed on Full Tilt anymore. This includes the .tmp files that the client writes.

morny
10-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Datamining isn't allowed on Full Tilt anymore. This includes the .tmp files that the client writes.

Source, id imagine if they did ban mining they would just stop producing the .tmp files on the clients PC's

Timely
10-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Source, id imagine if they did ban mining they would just stop producing the .tmp files on the clients PC's

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=6233440&postcount=19

I think some other support email said they are working on changing the client...

Note that using mined hands from before is also prohibited.

Unenforceable rules suck. :mad:

Diesel7
10-15-2008, 10:30 AM
FTPDoug replied
to Question #3. Fulltilt needs to be more explicit about what is or isn't allowed, so that no player gets their account locked or funds frozen for engaging in activities (either datamining or looking at Sharkscope or Tableratings) that they didn't know was against the rules.

A: - I realize the current situation with datamining is a little confusing, mostly because it's currently very easy to do it. It's worth noting that our standard operating procedure for this kind of rule breaking is to first issue a warning. Collecting hands you didn't participate in isn't as serious a "poker crime" as, say, collusion, and they aren't treated equally. So if you're worried that your account will be locked and your funds confiscated just because you datamined for a while, that won't happen.

Having said that, we strongly discourage the practice and will very likely someday put actual software features in place that will curtail it. I'm pretty sure we've heard all of the arguments for and against it, and we want to make sure we can confidently address them all before taking a harder line.

Sharkscope and Tableratings would fall into the same category of "strong discouragement" but not something that will get your account locked and funds seized.