PDA

View Full Version : slow import, stuck purging, heavy software.still like HM

Shloogy
10-10-2008, 05:25 PM
hey
I really like HM's HUD (and your support)
but thats about it.
i can live with it's not-good-looking appearance, i even stopped running reports,
but dear god why does it have to be so heavy and resources killer?(!)

today i just wanted to refresh my database - wanted to delete old date HH.
after waiting for i dont know how much it showed that i have 1M+ hh that meeting the crieteria and asked me if i would like to purge it, i said yes.
i knew it was going to take a while so i walked away for 3 hours just to come back and find out that there was some kind of error.ddammint that pisses me off so bad

so i figured ok lets delete it incrementally i have chosen only PL and it showed 11k , i clicked ok.im stil waiting its been an hour and i dont even know if its stuck or i dont know .

this is very bad.also it virtually kill cpu usage and consume many many memory ram without even playing ! someone has mentioned multiltabling? that is just ridic.

lets talk about import files.
i have run a little test with PT3 on a blank databse.5k hands. PT3 imports 199k\s while HM did it for 30k\s. i emphasize that it was on blank DB.

cmon guys please focus on the really important things instead of adding new sites or adding support for tournaments. i know that u think that its important but cmon most of the players (more than 90%) play most of the time (more than 90%) cash games , so please lets make it look and feel like a live and kicking software, something that will be fun and easy to use with the same time with good performance (high priority super vital )and appearance (lowest priority)

by the way i run it on vista with intel 2 cores and 2GB ram

morny
10-10-2008, 05:38 PM
As ive mentioned before the purge and resource issue is not widespread it only seems to be happening to some people and not others, while we will be working on a fix for both these unfortunately rescheduling tourney support to work on these problems would make you happy but i would have to answer lots of posts from unhappy tourney players. Thats not to say Roy wont be working on these things in between and we understand this is a big problem but theres Tons of development still to be done and theres always somebody thats going to be unhappy that there problem isnt top of the list. Hope you understand

Shloogy
10-10-2008, 05:53 PM
sure but how can u expect me to play poker profitable while i cant even refresh the db? thats the reason why i chose HM over PT and stil i gave u guys 3 months ahead to solve this prob but now i really feel like im getting slap in my face, surely im not a happy customer when i cant use the software for the reason i bought it initially.

claiming that HM can do this n that while in the meanwhile it actually can't wrong, really wrong.it would make much more sense to remove features that HM can't support them and add them when the time is right.
i don't buy product to see what will be supported in the future(!)

making purging to work for ALL users make much much more sens than adding new stuff, fully support features the HM has to offer than develop new stuff.

also, it's not like im running mac or linux or some kind of emulator on Vmware im using a super standard machine

--and the reason that people doesnt complain about it, simply shows that they cant tell the value of up to date HH and how much they are vital for the game.i was a succsesfull poker player during that days that poker was sit and play , but now things are different and in order to keep winnings u need to keep yourself up to date with the tech.

this is simply not acceptable and im consider it as if i bought a broken TV that should be replaced\refund

I don't want my money back from u, i want to stay happy customer but please do your job and support those things that should be like HM claim he has to offer for ALL users, not some of them, not most of them, ALL of them.

Rvg72
10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
sure but how can u expect me to play poker profitable while i cant even refresh the db? thats the reason why i chose HM over PT and stil i gave u guys 3 months ahead to solve this prob but now i really feel like im getting slap in my face, surely im not a happy customer when i cant use the software for the reason i bought it initially.

claiming that HM can do this n that while in the meanwhile it actually can't wrong, really wrong.it would make much more sense to remove features that HM can't support them and add them when the time is right.
i don't buy product to see what will be supported in the future(!)

making purging to work for ALL users make much much more sens than adding new stuff, fully support features the HM has to offer than develop new stuff.

also, it's not like im running mac or linux or some kind of emulator on Vmware im using a super standard machine

--and the reason that people doesnt complain about it, simply shows that they cant tell the value of up to date HH and how much they are vital for the game.i was a succsesfull poker player during that days that poker was sit and play , but now things are different and in order to keep winnings u need to keep yourself up to date with the tech.

this is simply not acceptable and im consider it as if i bought a broken TV that should be replaced\refund

I don't want my money back from u, i want to stay happy customer but please do your job and support those things that should be like HM claim he has to offer for ALL users, not some of them, not most of them, ALL of them.

Download the latest beta, purging is working good there:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

Roy