PDA

View Full Version : Stars mtt imports haven’t worked since last patch update.

custo80
05-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Basically since I got the latest version, 1.11.00, the day after I play an mtt I get the tourney summary from stars, copy & paste into notepad and then manually import and its having no results in dataview so I have to manually edit finish postion, field size & winnings which is painstaking for the amount of games I play.

Are there any problems with the latest update or any reason why this isn’t working?

fozzy71
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
No one else has reported this. Can you please forward the summaries you received and attach the original hand histories from your archive? Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.com

Bennobal
05-15-2010, 05:44 AM
No one else has reported this.

There are several threads about the issue of no updates in the dataview (i.e. the size, finish pos, payouts not being updated) after requesting tournament summaries from stars and either importing these if they are htm or html files or importing the smmaries from notepad.

Morny said they [you] cant reproduce the problems/errors in new databases so you have to send your database as well along w/ the hh and summaries (which is a bit of a pain w/ large DB)

morny
05-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah im looking into this, there appears to be several people who have intermitting problems importing summaries, sometimes it works fine other times it doesnt, the problem is unlike other situations we cant seem to reproduce it importing the hands into the database so at least if i have the database you use and can reproduce it then we can hopefully fix it, it may be limited to only a small number of people, hard to tell at this stage but if you use the new backup and restore to backup your database and send it via Transfer Big Files Free - Email or Send Large Files up to 1GB (http://www.transferbigfiles.com/) ill investigate this

The Minder
05-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Morny/Fozzy

I've been biatching about this issue for several months. Currently, my db lasts about 2 weeks before the PS tourney summaries fail to update and I need to create a new db. From what I've been able to determine, the problem is not occasioned by a time nor number of tournies factor.

I'll admit that I'm pretty poor at doing the vacuum/analyze thing.

One thing I have noticed is that when I determine that a UTF summary has failed, I resave the PS emailed tourney data in ANSI format and import that. That file seems to work just fine and the db is updated.

If you need more info/tests to be run, don't hesitate to ask.

structure
05-17-2010, 06:38 PM
im having this same problem. Is the only solution really to backup and restore my dabase? My database is HUGE, this would prolly take an extreamly long time to do.

The Minder
05-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Here we go again.

Again, this db is about 2 days old constructed from HHs and tourney summaries. In the image, please note lines 560, 561 and 562.

Summaries have been imported for these tournies, no errors reported during the import. The summaries were part of a larger email and the tournies b4 and after these three all updated.

560: Is correct in all regards with the exception the 'Sum' box is not checked.

561: Is not correct for finish position or number of entrants. This was a large MTT.

562: Is correct in all regards except the 'Sum' box is not checked.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jb4hle.jpg

For many reasons, I run a dual system of HM and PT3. The same tourney summary file mentioned above was also imported into PT3 and all tournies updated... just as I expected. This means little except that it shows postgres is working correctly, the ODBC driver is ok and the summary file (UTF format) is kosher.

If the developers need any more info, let me know.

superninja
05-20-2010, 09:25 AM
I have the same problem.

what can i do?

sc00ter888
05-20-2010, 06:26 PM
I have the same problem and the work around I have found is to delete all the hands from a tourney, then delete the tournament itself and then re-import the hand history and tournament summary at the same time. It's a pain, but for me it works.

I haven't tried vacuuming the data base or doing the backup/restore thing.

This started for me with the Stars knockout tourneys after I got the latest holdem manager and now happens for every tourney on my desktop. Another weird thing is that on my laptop I have no problems (after I did my initial cleanup of the knockout tourneys).

Hope this helps.....