PDA

View Full Version : Switching Computers While Running HEM Recording Session Question

dynamite140
05-14-2010, 03:51 AM
This has happened many times to me already. When i play on my desktop and i run my HEM/HUD while playing 20 tables for sngs, assuming i am playing for about 10 minutes and then close my HEM and pokerstars on my desktop and then decide to switch to on my laptop and play, does that mean it will always show 20 unfinished tourneys on my HEM results on my desktop?

And once i go on my laptop to resume the games while having HEM on while playing in my laptop, does it always record those 20 game results on my laptop?

If situations like these happens, would the best thing to do be to just delete those unfinished tourneys off of the HEM on the desktop since the HEM on my laptop recorded all those 20 sng results on the laptop? Because i have manually put the results in on my desktop HEM by requesting the tournament histories for each specific sng that was not completed but is that wrong because i would essentially be recording each of these sngs twice since it is already recorded in my HEM on laptop?

I am not sure if I am asking my question in the right way but I think you guys know what I'm asking?

Thanks.

netsrak
05-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Do you use a network database or 2 postgresql installations?

dynamite140
05-14-2010, 02:37 PM
What do you mean by that? For my desktop, i bought a new one that uses windows 7 that i installed HEM yesterday. The installation involved installing both HEM and postgres at the same time because i remembered when i was installing it... it had check marks on both HEM and postgres. Is that what your asking?

On my laptop, i installed HEM late last year and the installation was definitely different from how i did it yesterday. I have XP on my laptop by the way. I think it installed HEM and Postgres separately.

I don't combine both HEMs if thats what your asking. I don't have those external hard drives.

Is this what your asking?

morny
05-14-2010, 02:59 PM
HM does not import duplicate hands so you can reimport the hands onto both PCs and it wont cause a problem

dynamite140
05-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Well yesterday when this happened, i saw that the 20 tourneys or so that were not finished on my desktop, had results shown on my laptop. I then decided to manually request the tourney results and plug in the results into my desktop. This is bad because it shows that i recorded it twice correct?

Since i just want it recorded once, its better to just DELETE the unfinished tourneys on my desktop if I did finish playing those tourneys in my laptop right? Because right now i see it being recorded on both because i manually put the results in for my desktop after requesting tournament summaries.

So the best thing to do is to look for those exact tourneys and delete those 20 tourneys either from my laptop or desktop right?

morny
05-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Ah i thought you were talking about the hand histories, yeah if the tourney results show up twice just delete the unfinished one, the hand histories themselves will definitely only be recorded once