PDA

View Full Version : tips for speeding TN

jenkulle
05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
any tips to speed up TN ?

when I have more then 12-14 tables it gets really slow and I can't add more tables, without TN I can play 18 tables or so and it's not even slow... I wish I could play more tables with TN then without but so far it's not the case...

I'm already using game booster and beside FTP, Stars, TN, TNft, HEM and hud nothing is open...

Fool
05-14-2010, 04:21 PM
For TN to work at top speed you need to disable as much strain on your system as possible. Remove or close any running programs not related to poker and also try any of the following you can live without:

1. disable frames

2. disable mouse hotkeys

3. use click button by location hotkeys only

4. use a stacked or tiled arrangement

5. use only supported table and card mods. (even when they work fine like the one I built for myself it still slows TN a bit)

6. disable preset bets

jenkulle
05-17-2010, 12:50 PM
thanks that seem to help a lot... specially disabling the frames

spoutnic
06-16-2010, 08:42 AM
What are preset bets exactly?

ty

Fool
06-16-2010, 10:32 AM
TableNinja will automatically enter pre-set bet amounts for each street. This allows you to choose an amount near the middle of your range which can save time scrolling or typing bets. You can find more information on the feature here:

TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars (http://tableninja.com/itembyitemdoc.php?tab=PotBetting)

Let me know if you have any questions.

spoutnic
06-16-2010, 12:54 PM
I will be running tableninjaft on a 2,2gh 2gb of ram with a geforce 8600m gt graphic card laptop(with HEM, of course, and a windows media player for music + a second screen). I will use the belkin speedpad n52te. I like to multitable to the max(16 mtt sng), but im concerned about problems since i dont have the recommended requirements. I want to be able to tweak my performance on the fly if something occurs instead of completly turn off tableninjaft. The never sitout is a must for me, so i can do without the rest, but i want to use the most of TNFT.

6. Do you mean not use defaults bets preflop(put 0 everywhere?)? Defaults bets post flop(put 0 everywhere?)? Bet pot%? Any one i can do without?

6.1.Wich 1 is the most cpu consumming?

2. Do you mean dont program hotkeys on my mouse?

3. Sorry, but i really dont understand this one. What should i use? Not use?

5. Like in "Required Fulltilt settings" of the Getting Started with TableNinjaFT version 1.1.7.0?

7.Can playing music on my cpu slow things downs?

8. I defragged my harddisk, purged my HH, vacummed. "Change Processes Priority " to high seems useless, since i think it will take cpu juice that TNFT would use. Should I change HEM "Change Processes Priority "to high?

Im willing to upgrade my ram, but i want to try everything i can to avoid this 200 CAD$ upgrade. But i know i cant avoid to upgrade my play with tableninjaft :).

spoutnic
06-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Thank you for your help

Fool
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll try to answer your questions in the order you presented them:

6. Do you mean not use defaults bets preflop(put 0 everywhere?)? Defaults bets post flop(put 0 everywhere?)? Bet pot%? Any one i can do without?

Check "Disable Default Bets" on the General tab.

6.1.Wich 1 is the most cpu consumming?

Frames ... they can be disabled on the "Table Control" tab.

2. Do you mean dont program hotkeys on my mouse?

Yes, instead program hotkeys to your n52.

3. Sorry, but i really dont understand this one. What should i use? Not use?

The "Click Buttons By Location" section is on the "Action Hotkeys" tab. They literally target the areas of your screen where the fold, call, check, and bet buttons appear. Use these hotkeys instead of the other hotkeys as the rest have checks built in to insure they are clicking a certain type of button.

5. Like in "Required Fulltilt settings" of the Getting Started with TableNinjaFT version 1.1.7.0?

Yes, remove any custom mods and if you use a custom deck make sure its from the TNFT compatible section of Tiltbusters.com.

7.Can playing music on my cpu slow things downs?

Yes, avoid running non-poker related software when multi-tabling on a slower PC.

8. I defragged my harddisk, purged my HH, vacummed. "Change Processes Priority " to high seems useless, since i think it will take cpu juice that TNFT would use. Should I change HEM "Change Processes Priority "to high?

I would leave process priority alone and allow your PC to manage the load on the fly.

Let me know if you have any other questions.