PDA

View Full Version : HEM installation help for Windows 7

dynamite140
05-13-2010, 02:53 PM
I bought a new computer and am trying to install HEM for my new desktop and it uses windows 7. I am having a tough time. The last 2 times i installed HEM with my windows xp, i did it easily when i watched this 28 minute video from Holdem manager training but that was compatible with xp and vista.

I installed HEM fine with the serial key on my new computer. However, when i click on click here to add auto import, i only see the pokerstars folder and not the full tilt. I am also watching this video called the HEM install that is 5 minutes 35 seconds that shows how to install it and get confused with the pokerstars. Because for pokerstars, it shows C/Users/local etc and the video saids its a hidden file and you need to unhide it. The next step goes to click VIEW AND FOLDER OPTIONS. I am brand new to windows 7 but where is this click view?? I see that to get to there you need to go to my computer, c drive program files, full tilt poker and then hand history. However, when i click on full tilt poker, I don't see hand history nor i see it when i click on pokerstars.

Also, is there a reason why it does not detect full tilt poker on my computer when i click auto detect?

Can someone please help me with this installation? I have not played at all yesterday nor today because i don't know how to configure it.

I also see Fozzy mention

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Can you please explain Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. I have no clue what is meant by this. Do you mean internet explorer?

morny
05-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi,

Please email me and we can do a teamviewer session, just download teamviewer from TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet (http://www.teamviewer.com) and let me know a suitable time GMT in advance. Teamviewer allows me to access your computer to fix the problem.

When we agree a suitable time you just need to send me the ID and password that Teamviewer creates to get access to your PC

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com