PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions...

wombatvvv
05-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi,

I want to use Hold 'em Manager to track my progress and statistics. I play on the Cake network (I know this doesn't support HUDs or track opponents, which is actually the very reason I play there). But tracking software is still useful for me to analyse my own game.

I've got the trial version and did a session today of a few hours. The stats and options are very impressive, but why is it saying I've played about 5% of my games on a 6-max table? All my games were played on a 9-max table. Are these hands where 3 of the opposition were sitting-out or something?

Another thing is that I was getting some pretty unprofessional looking errors when I was trying to set the program up. If I go to Change -> Edit Players before there are any players setup, the program throws an ugly looking exception message. Just FYI.

Cheers

netsrak
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
HM detects the table from the number of active players. So i think your assumption is correct.

When no player was selected before you get this error when clicking on the arrow, you need to click directly on the button and enter the first characters of a player name in the new window.
This is a known bug which will hopefully be fixed soon.

wombatvvv
05-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks very much for the reply.

I would suggest that you alter the program so that it does not detect the game as 6-max when there are 3 players sitting out. I think this could lead to some confusion when analyzing statistics.

Just my 2c.

wombatvvv
05-14-2010, 01:37 AM
One other thing ... if I were to buy Hold 'em Manager, would there be any problem installing it on my laptop as well as my home PC, as far as serial numbers go, etc.? I don't want to have to buy 2 copies of the program, and I spend a lot of time on the road with my laptop.

netsrak
05-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Your license is valid for 2 of your computers. So this is no problem.

If you have things like the above please use our suggestions area (link in my signature) to suggest it. But the 6max thing is already there.

wombatvvv
05-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks ... just one more thing. This might sound suspicious, but it's an honest, genuine question. I'm thinking of buying a new computer soon, so when you say I can only install it on two computers do you mean "two computers at one time", or "two computers ever". I also like to format my hard-drive about once ever 6-12 months just to keep things clean. Are either of these things going to cause a problem?

Thanks

fozzy71
05-14-2010, 09:00 AM
2 at the same time.

Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. Registration Home Page (http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/)

To get your current license from your running installation of HEM: Help > Show Serial Number

You will need to sign up, login, and then reset your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset.

If you purchased HM this year, you should be able to do the same thing in your holdemmanager.com store account. The registration site is for people that purchased before this year.