PDA

View Full Version : Help with filter

bdadavies
05-12-2010, 05:41 PM
What filters do I need to get the following info

Preflop

I 3bet the flop villian calls and does not 4 bet.

Flop

I c-bet villan calls

Turn

I cbet villian raises

What Im having difficulties with is after Cbet made = true I'm not sure how to filter out villian raises on the flop and filter out villian calls on the turn.

morny
05-13-2010, 01:15 AM
You could use the filter by actions filters FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Filter By Actions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/154/Filter+By+Actions)

a.k.a.Also
05-13-2010, 11:22 AM
More filters
Preflop Did 3Bet=True
Turn Continuation Bet Made = True

Filter by actions
Flop Actions - Bet
Turn Actions - All of the bet options - except bet, since if villain raises you have to do something else in addition to your cbet.

bdadavies
05-13-2010, 11:27 AM
More filters
Preflop Did 3Bet=True
Turn Continuation Bet Made = True

Filter by actions
Flop Actions - Bet
Turn Actions - All of the bet options - except bet, since if villain raises you have to do something else in addition to your cbet.

I'm sorry I dont follow.

Please, could you just tell me the filters needed in the post flop situation given.

a.k.a.Also
05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Here you go

bdadavies
05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks for that.

I am still a bit confused and its probably quite simple to explain.

I have always stayed away from those bet options because say when its bet - fold how do I know that first bet is me c-betting?

OR if I use those actions, can I also add the filter c-bet = true meaning that the first bet has to be me c-betting?

a.k.a.Also
05-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks for that.

I am still a bit confused and its probably quite simple to explain.

You're welcome, and I'm not sure it is that easy to explain some of my warped logic!
In this instance, whilst we can't precisely filter for villains action, we can look to the next step and see that if he did raise your cbet you would have to respond, even if it was to fold, and our mega filter would return this scenario.
If he just flatted, or folded, the simple bet filter would return this situation, which is why we exclude it.

I have always stayed away from those bet options because say when its bet - fold how do I know that first bet is me c-betting?We are kind of trusting that we have established our relative position to villain with the previous condition filters, which is why I left it out for the turn. As always though, play around with the lower window results, click on the column headers to sort the list, and replay the hands to ensure we have selected the correct hands.

OR if I use those actions, can I also add the filter c-bet = true meaning that the first bet has to be me c-betting?Sure, just try it and see if it works, it's not as if you can break anything. If you filter too far you just get zero hands and need to go back one step.
Thats why I usually try and gradually build up the filters and get a result, then narrow it down further.

Remember you can save the filters as you go, and also you can save a result batch to your hard disk, and reimport the hands to a little test db to further analyse and play around, without having to interrogate your whole db when you experiment.

bdadavies
05-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks that's really helpful