PDA

View Full Version : Error Starting up HEM

goinfishn08
05-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Hello All,
I am getting this error upon start up:
An error occurred on startup: Access to the path C:\program Files (x86)\RVGSoftware\holdemManager\fishfinder\filterv 2 is denied

I recently had a virus on my computer and took it to the local computer store and they got rid of the virus but also broke HEM lol. I think it was because they got rid of the trojan that is used for the import? Not really sure, but everytime I try and open HEM I get the above error. Is there a way to fix this problem? Or should I reinstall? Do I need to uninstall HEM and POSTSQL or just HEM? Then reinstall with the original key?

I am running vista.

Thanks for your help.
goinfishn08

morny
05-12-2010, 01:17 PM
please give HoldemManager Administrator rights:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator". if the option is grayed out then this is because youve UAC disabled, in which case enable UAC Disable User Account Control (UAC) the Easy Way on Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/) and reboot the PC then do step 3 and then you can disable UAC again if you like.
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe and hmimport.exe