_Loki_
05-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi.

** I created a new DB to test 1.11.00 import/export feature & imported into it

** I closed the DB & reopened it & I got these new messages:

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/_L_O_K_I_/HM.png
[They don't appear together like in the pic - I edited the 2 images into 1]

QUESTION:
I have multiple DB. For my old DB's to benefit from this feature do I have to create new DB's & export/import the HH's ?
Or can I trigger this feature somehow in my existing DB's ?

COMMENT:
Nice, but the dialogs are a bit wordy though :)

morny
05-11-2010, 07:39 PM
No the cache update will happen when you press start so you dont need to start a new database, the optimisation is around a long time, basically what it does is copy any hero's (hand histories where the cards were known preflop) to a new table, this table is significantly smaller than the main table with all the players details so when you run a search its so much faster.

It wouldnt be advisable to add too many players to that because the reason it works well is its small in comparison to the main database, if you started adding tons of players too it then the speeds would begin to slow down again so the idea is to keep it for heros only.

_Loki_
05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I bet you having fun making new FAQ's :)

"No the cache update will happen when you press start..."
What start is that ?
You mean pressing "start auto-import" button ? I don't get these messages except for the new DB I made & not when I press "start", but when I launch HM after making a new DB

Why does the message say "Holdem Manager has an upgraded player cache... " ?
(Like it's something new that's going on)

I don't remember the messages being quite like this before & I've made a lot of DB's lately...

morny
05-11-2010, 08:18 PM
See in your screenshot, it shows an Exit and a start button, if you select the start button it should start the update and edit whatever it needs in the database.

You'll see various messages like this when you start a new database but only the first time, its basically just making edits to the database like creating a new column or adding a new table etc, you would have seen similar when the multicurrency happened it needed to add some new columns.

Im not sure how long that message is there but i think its a good while, to be honest i start that many databases each day i dont even notice them, they could be saying congratulations youve just won $100k for all i know:D It is possible its a new one though, if so i wasnt aware of it although some people did say 1.11 improved when they were having lagging issues so ill check into it and see

_Loki_
05-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Gottcha. I know the optimisation is an old thing. I was thrown by the new way it is written... some kind of marketing shiny-new-HM NEW NEW (but it ain't really thing I guess ?)

I just got a message saying I was in the Readers Digest final draw & asking me to scratch the corner of the screen to reveal the board - I got blown out, but 'unlucky in cards...'