PDA

View Full Version : Old hands and import times

mikidi
05-11-2010, 06:25 AM
What's the most convenient way of adjusting the times on the hands that I've already prior to this update on HEM? Export-Purge-Import? Or is there something easier/faster? And is even purging enough since supposedly it doesn't actually remove the hands completely?

netsrak
05-11-2010, 06:44 AM
The best is to create a new database and import the hands from the archive (default c:\hmarchive).

mikidi
05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
I'm talking about 10-20k hands. My whole database is 400-500k hands probably. Isn't there anything quicker? Will the Export-purge-re-import work?

morny
05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
You could just delete them and reimport them however im almost certain the time adjustments only apply to start auto imported hands and not manual import i.e hands played at the time, you cant use auto import to import more than 100 hands at a time otherwise it would cause a lot of issues

mikidi
05-12-2010, 04:56 AM
This is interesting. I've auto-imported large quantities of files before and didn't notice anything weird. What kind of problems?

morny
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Its only designed to import small amounts every 5 seconds, it can easily corrupt your database doing this and will cause LAG which is why we have the Import from file and import from folder options

mikidi
05-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Blah. When if ever do you think will the time adjustements be implemented into manaul imports?

mikidi
05-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Btw now that I understand more about how the site import time functions, I think the whole implementation/programming of it is flawed. Speaking for myself I don't care about time stamps on individuals hands at all. The only thing I care about is that the graphs and the Session tab reflect my actual sessions. It'd be that much simpler if there was a function that just set hands played on X network forward/backwards Y hours when it comes to the session tab and graphs. At least for me something like that would be perfect, there'd be minimal fuss with hands already imported and it doesn't sound too hard to implement.

mikidi
05-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Also the import time adjust doesn't actually seem to work at all for Everleaf. It just doesn't change anything no matter the value. I'm auto importing.

morny
05-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok ill look into that, we just added everleaf support so it might not be implemented for that site yet