PDA

View Full Version : Importing issue on AP

nerve817
05-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Hello,
I was playing along on AP and went to refresh my session information and noticed that I had 132 hands played and it was not changing after the refresh. It was showing an import error on the import screen. I restarted and downloaded the newest version and it is still doing it. I am not sure where to go from here.
Thanks,
John

GeorgeJetson
05-11-2010, 01:01 AM
im in the exact same boat as u

jwebster03
05-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Same here, I was about to post and just saw this. Glad I'm not the only one! I also tried to manually import the hand history but it didn't work that way either.

milhouse7
05-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Same problem here. Interesting thing is the last 3 hand winners displayed on my hud seems to be working (I can replay the hands), but the hands are not importing into HEM and the player stats are not updating.

Number 34
05-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Same here, playing HU, getting import error, no hands are importing and therefore the HUD isn't updating.:(

milhouse7
05-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Deleted

roundcat
05-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Here's something interesting -- the hand number scheme is now very different from how it was earlier today.

From this morning: hands were 2037783401 and similar.
From tonight: hands are C111705 and similar.

Could be contributing to the problem?

I'm using 1.10.06a -- will try updating.

tomveil
05-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Yes having same problem. Probably just related to the HH change. Hopefully it'll be a simple patch :)

LOLUCALLED
05-11-2010, 01:51 AM
Same.

roundcat
05-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Updating to 1.11.00 didn't fix the problem.

Tournament hands are importing fine. Cash game hands are not.

Tournament hands start with a number - could be the difference.

RyanDonk
05-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Here's something interesting -- the hand number scheme is now very different from how it was earlier today.

From this morning: hands were 2037783401 and similar.
From tonight: hands are C111705 and similar.

Could be contributing to the problem?

I'm using 1.10.06a -- will try updating.

That is indeed the problem. I deleted that C everywhere in front of the hand number and it worked. I mailed AP support to ask to remove that C, no response yet.

Edit: Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Technical Support Department.

First of all we would like to thank you for the information provided, while checking into this matter we would like to confirm that some changes were made in the Hand Histories folder.

However we will keep you posted about the further details in regards the changes in this feature, also we will inform our developers about this situation and we will suggest them to change it as it was before.

Do not hesitate to contact us again. We will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Arthur

Team Absolute ~ Technical Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Techsupport@AbsolutePoker.Com

netsrak
05-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Please zip and mail some sample hands with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net and we take a look into it.

Sky
05-11-2010, 04:11 AM
I got the same problem but on UB, after restarting HUD it shown the right number of hands played on the table but doesn't update it while at the table, also the hand are not shown in the session tab.

roundcat
05-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Please zip and mail some sample hands with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net and we take a look into it.

Sent.

KrischanXXL
05-11-2010, 06:13 AM
sent too.

RyanDonk
05-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that we are ware of the situation, we will try to put it as it was as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Arthur

nerve817
05-11-2010, 11:48 AM
This is just one more reason to dislike playing on AP. My friend uses PT3 and its not working for them either.

parsifals
05-11-2010, 12:19 PM
This is just one more reason to dislike playing on AP. My friend uses PT3 and its not working for them either.

because they're not entitled to change the organization of their hand histories? because people want to use a 3rd party program w theirs seamlessly? that's ridiculously self entitled.

pls delete both of these comments, this stupidness doesn't belong in bug reporting :)

mouskito
05-11-2010, 12:36 PM
same here

AlekseiK
05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
That's the same issue on UB
Hand number starts with C

peten2toms
05-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Any progress?

milhouse7
05-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Any progress?

I think the ball is in AP/UB's court. Who knows how long they will take.

Whoever added the C to the hand number should be flogged!!

mouskito
05-11-2010, 05:50 PM
:(

TURKEY
05-11-2010, 05:50 PM
because they're not entitled to change the organization of their hand histories? because people want to use a 3rd party program w theirs seamlessly? that's ridiculously self entitled.

pls delete both of these comments, this stupidness doesn't belong in bug reporting :)

You can tell by my screen name "turkey", that I am not very intelligent myself. Therefore, I am less knowledgeable that some of the software experts who post. "What you see is what you know".

Parsifals
Anyway, your nastiness does not belong on this form, and in my opinion, your post should be deleted. I agree with you that minor changes in software is not a good reason to leave an online poker site. UB/AP has other serious issues which might be sufficient reason to play elsewhere (Multiple cheating scandals, recently discovered flaws in their proprietary security software), refer to PokerTableRatings for information. I choose to play some on UB despite these negatives.

However, the poster's opinion is suitable for posting. He did not attack HEM or any other poster. He is probably frustrated, as I am, by some of the SERIOUS issues with CEREUS.

You should post on 2plus2, where you blend in well with a large number of nasty, egotistical people who post their.

Mouskito
Same goes for you, no reason to be nasty.

nerve817
05-11-2010, 05:58 PM

You dont think that this issue is having a large effect on how much money they are making today? Think about all the multitabling people who rely on huds. I am just OCD and want wall my results in my DB but there are people who play 14 tables who need huds and cant play without them, you think they are going to log in and 2 or 4 table? No they will just take the day off until a patch comes out or if a patch doesn't they might even consider taking their business elsewhere. AP isnt the only site with 30% rakeback. I bet when they compare the profits for today compared to the last few days they wont be happy.
While I was approaching that rant from the aspect of my own needs it doesn't mean that it was a smart idea for them as a company and there are other parts of their software that are just as annoying as this is.

nerve817
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
You can tell by my screen name "turkey", that I am not very intelligent myself. Therefore, I am less knowledgeable that some of the software experts who post. "What you see is what you know".

Parsifals
Anyway, your nastiness does not belong on this form, and in my opinion, your post should be deleted. I agree with you that minor changes in software is not a good reason to leave an online poker site. UB/AP has other serious issues which might be sufficient reason to play elsewhere (Multiple cheating scandals, recently discovered flaws in their proprietary security software), refer to PokerTableRatings for information. I choose to play some on UB despite these negatives.

However, the poster's opinion is suitable for posting. He did not attack HEM or any other poster. He is probably frustrated, as I am, by some of the SERIOUS issues with CEREUS.

You should post on 2plus2, where you blend in well with a large number of nasty, egotistical people who post their.

Mouskito

Ahhhh turkey i think i might be interested in starting a bromance with you. GG

Slash1588
05-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I talked to a guy of ub live support,and he told me that they changed their hh format,and so now i've just to wait that holdem manager releases something to import new cereus hh

BartKoozler
05-11-2010, 06:31 PM
So, at this point, nothing has been solved?

And everyone is playing without a HUD?

thenoodleman
05-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I think the ball is in AP/UB's court. Who knows how long they will take.

Whoever added the C to the hand number should be flogged!!

The ball is most certainly not in AP/UBs court. Every poker room has made periodic tinkering with their HHs and its alway been up to HEM (and other trackers/HUDs) to respond accordingly.

milhouse7
05-11-2010, 07:58 PM
The ball is most certainly not in AP/UBs court. Every poker room has made periodic tinkering with their HHs and its alway been up to HEM (and other trackers/HUDs) to respond accordingly.

My comments were based on Absolute's technical support response which Ryandonk posted below. They accepted the responsibility to change the hand history format.

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that we are ware of the situation, we will try to put it as it was as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Arthur

tomveil
05-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Surprised to see this is still an issue today.

What I'm doing:

Run HEM as normal.
Every 20 minutes or so, shut down HUD.
Open HH folder, manually search/replace (CTRL-H) the term "#C" and replace all with "#". This will delete the C and let your HEM read the file.
Restart HUD

Now the 20 minutes of hands that you played will be correctly updated on your HUD.

I am staying at the same tables a lot more than normal today because this is kind of a pain in the ass, but it only takes a minute or so to update my 4 files.

GL out there

GangusR
05-11-2010, 08:47 PM
You dont think that this issue is having a large effect on how much money they are making today? Think about all the multitabling people who rely on huds. I am just OCD and want wall my results in my DB but there are people who play 14 tables who need huds and cant play without them, you think they are going to log in and 2 or 4 table? No they will just take the day off until a patch comes out or if a patch doesn't they might even consider taking their business elsewhere. AP isnt the only site with 30% rakeback. I bet when they compare the profits for today compared to the last few days they wont be happy.
While I was approaching that rant from the aspect of my own needs it doesn't mean that it was a smart idea for them as a company and there are other parts of their software that are just as annoying as this is.

I 16 table with our without a HUD profitably. I change my game a little without the HUD, but I by no means rely on it 100%. I know also there are some people who play 20+ tables and NEVER use a HUD because when you're playing that fast you barely even have time to properly utilize the stats anyway. I myself just recently did 250k hands on the Cake network (where HUDS are banned and do not work) and came out in good shape 10-12 tabling NL200 and 16 tabling NL100.

But ya I really like to monitor my progress and my own stats as I play and prefer to have the HUD. But really if for anything, as an exercise to improve your game you really should practice multi-tabling with no HUD. Your ability to pick up on board texture/betting patterns and to categorize player types and observe styles will all improve.

GangusR
05-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Also the people pestering Cereus asking them to change the HH's back. You'll just delay things. Obviously HEM techs and PT3 techs can fix this up very fast on their end. But they'll just be wasting their time and causing more delays if Cereus just reverts to the old format.

reidhanson@gmail.com
05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Tried PT3 and it also says ap error in input

morny
05-12-2010, 12:10 AM
This is an know issue with AP due to a hand history change they made, we should have an update tomorrow if there are no complications

GangusR
05-12-2010, 12:24 AM
This is an know issue with AP due to a hand history change they made, we should have an update tomorrow if there are no complications

Are you guys making the fix so it can accept C# and # so if Cereus switches back we're all good?

Edit: I guess that would make sense otherwise reimporting old HH's will be difficult and the whole thing would be a mess.

dg1267
05-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for getting on this morny and the rest of you HEM peeps! Keep up the good work. Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow and have a working HUD so that I can keep track of my losses better!:D:D:D

tarheel
05-12-2010, 02:28 AM

Parsifals

Mouskito

However, he did attack cereus for some silly reason that made no sense. Not that anyone's here to defend cereus, clearly we all know what happened. But a nonsense statement deserves to be called nonsense. There's nothing nasty about that. Every site has changed their HH formats and thus players lost HUD until there was a fix. For someone to say that you shouldnt play on a site because they changed their HH format is one of the most mindless and ridiculous things i've heard in a while. And you defending nerve because he's mad he lost his hud for one day is just as silly.

TURKEY
05-12-2010, 02:39 AM
"While I was approaching that rant from the aspect of my own needs it doesn't mean that it was a smart idea for them as a company and there are other parts of their software that are just as annoying as this is".

My point was that your posts are as valid as anyone else's. I assume that CEREUS is financially highly motivated to get this resolved so they can continue to get their rake from the multi-tablers. How long UB/AP will take is anyone's guess, and I agree that there are other problems with their software which is not HUD related, such as focus jumping to other tables before you act. Overall PokerStars' software is much better, at least in my opinion.

TURKEY
05-12-2010, 02:48 AM
tarheel, my point is that some of the posters are too harsh. I agree that all the major sites (at least the one's I played on), update their software and they are allowed to do this. UB/AP seems average to me in update frequency). Since I play a little on stars, fulltilt, and UB, it does mean frequent updating.

We are all in the same boat, and are on the same side, wanting the issues to be resolved, and they will be. Also this is essentially a customer service site. Bashing a poster is not as bad as bashing the software developers. If really angry, best to email support.

GangusR
05-12-2010, 04:29 AM
tarheel, my point is that some of the posters are too harsh. I agree that all the major sites (at least the one's I played on), update their software and they are allowed to do this. UB/AP seems average to me in update frequency). Since I play a little on stars, fulltilt, and UB, it does mean frequent updating.

We are all in the same boat, and are on the same side, wanting the issues to be resolved, and they will be. Also this is essentially a customer service site. Bashing a poster is not as bad as bashing the software developers. If really angry, best to email support.

Cool story bro. Now can you stop derailing this tread ffs.

dg1267
05-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Seriously! Get over it. If you guys are using this thread as fun until they get a fix for the problem, please find something else to do. Playing "he said, she said" is really starting to get annoying.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A.Kmicic
05-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Surprised to see this is still an issue today.

What I'm doing:

Run HEM as normal.
Every 20 minutes or so, shut down HUD.
Open HH folder, manually search/replace (CTRL-H) the term "#C" and replace all with "#". This will delete the C and let your HEM read the file.
Restart HUD

Now the 20 minutes of hands that you played will be correctly updated on your HUD.

I am staying at the same tables a lot more than normal today because this is kind of a pain in the ass, but it only takes a minute or so to update my 4 files.

GL out there

it doesnt work for me oO

qsiex
05-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes it works, just save the hh file and hud will appear instantly. I Tryed it today and its so annoying that i played without a hud.

Altalena
05-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I have the same import problem but strangely the hand history files keep disappearing from my HH folder. But they don't show up in HEM either due to the import error.
Wonder where they could be...

Sky
05-12-2010, 12:18 PM
@support guys

When do u guys will have an update that fixes that issue?

2eazy
05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I have the same import problem but strangely the hand history files keep disappearing from my HH folder. But they don't show up in HEM either due to the import error.

same

tomveil
05-12-2010, 01:28 PM

They are probably being moved to wherever the files go after HEM is done with them. Do a computer search for HH and you should find em.

morny
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Should have an update in a couple of hours at the latest, we wont post an update here as there are too many threads already open about it, keep an eye on the release info at the top of each page, when it changes to 1.11a or 1.11.01 then youll know the patch is released, download it, move your old hands to a new folder and do a manual import.

Altalena
05-12-2010, 03:57 PM
They are probably being moved to wherever the files go after HEM is done with them. Do a computer search for HH and you should find em.

Thanks.
For those with the same problem, they were in C:\HMArchive.

GangusR
05-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Should have an update in a couple of hours at the latest, we wont post an update here as there are too many threads already open about it, keep an eye on the release info at the top of each page, when it changes to 1.11a or 1.11.01 then youll know the patch is released, download it, move your old hands to a new folder and do a manual import.

So now it should be released -1h at the latest ?;)

LtownRiver
05-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Any way we could at least get some kind of status update?

grindtashine
05-12-2010, 07:36 PM
and thennnnnn?....hahahaa...wuts the new eta chief?

H9Ld_emFr34k
05-12-2010, 08:12 PM
:(

TURKEY
05-12-2010, 08:19 PM
They can't rush it; we have to be patient. They have to thoroughly test it.

LtownRiver
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I agree they have to test it, but I think it's ok to ask for a status update 6hrs after they said it would take a cpl hours.

GangusR
05-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I feel dumb now. I was on the PT3 forums chastising them for being behind HEM. I have full license for both. Looks like PT3 might get this done first after all.

TURKEY
05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Both HEM and Pokertracker have a much better track record than Obama.

shinzilla
05-12-2010, 09:53 PM
lol gtfo man. what does that have to do with anything?

mchu1026
05-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm surprised no one has said anything about this.... but was this HH format change have anything to do with their recent encryption security problem?

joshpitt
05-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Nobody has mentioned it because it implies a complete lack of understanding of software, networking, logging, and even the basic principles by which computers work. No, the site changing the format of their hand histories to include a c in front of the number indexing each hand has nothing to do with how their software encrypts its network data.

mchu1026
05-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Nobody has mentioned it because it implies a complete lack of understanding of software, networking, logging, and even the basic principles by which computers work. No, the site changing the format of their hand histories to include a c in front of the number indexing each hand has nothing to do with how their software encrypts its network data.

Sorry. I wasn't basing it off the principle of hand histories and how network encryption works... i was simply going off the fact of a somewhat strange tweak in hand histories being at the same time with the recent activity on AP.

I didn't think I would get flamed for having a "complete lack of understanding... [of] the basic principles by which computers work. "

LHEM100
05-13-2010, 01:04 AM
No need to be a douche. Not everyone understands software. If I tried to post on a astrophysics board, I would look ignorant. Give the guy a break, at least he was trying to be helpful, unlike you.

nhlol
05-13-2010, 01:10 AM
why this needs so long?:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

deathduck
05-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Could mods please update this thread when the problem is fixed?

pr0wler
05-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Yea it's been like 3 days since this has started and no updates recently...what's the deal?

gekko17
05-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Very long!!!

mouskito
05-13-2010, 05:39 AM
wazuup :confused:

netsrak
05-13-2010, 06:06 AM
This is the fix: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate_1.11.0a.exe

but it has 2 known problems, thats why we don't release it for the public:
- table scanner window doesn't resize correctly
- FTP rush tables preferred seating

dg1267
05-13-2010, 07:34 AM
I d/l'd that patch and got 4 or 5 files that didn't d/l correctly. Now my HEM isn't working at all, it keeps hanging up on the start screen. Just FYI.

Edit: Tried to re-d/l again and same thing.

Mike MacIntosh
05-13-2010, 08:24 AM
I downloaded the patch as well. I did a manual import of my hands from the last two days. Its showing 284 hands for the May 12th and 0 hands for May 11th. I played 6 hours between those two days on AP 4-6 tabling. There should be easily more than 1K hands. Any recommendations?

netsrak
05-13-2010, 09:51 AM
I d/l'd that patch and got 4 or 5 files that didn't d/l correctly. Now my HEM isn't working at all, it keeps hanging up on the start screen. Just FYI.

Edit: Tried to re-d/l again and same thing.
Please reboot your computer and install the update as first thing after the reboot.

I downloaded the patch as well. I did a manual import of my hands from the last two days. Its showing 284 hands for the May 12th and 0 hands for May 11th. I played 6 hours between those two days on AP 4-6 tabling. There should be easily more than 1K hands. Any recommendations?
You probably imported the files before - please rename them or move them to a different folder and import them via import file or import from folder.

Tabu
05-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Update works for me perfect. TY.

Altalena
05-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks to all who worked on this!

So now all regulars will be back at the site I guess :rolleyes:

huplo
05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
nm I fixed all my problems and got it working

jimbo1167
05-13-2010, 12:00 PM
update worked perfectly, just had to move the hands that weren't imported to a special folder and "Import From Folder".

Thanks HoldemManager staff for getting this fixed!

DB76
05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
fixed

mntbikr15
05-13-2010, 02:34 PM
nm

Rocket Piquette
05-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Edit: nevermind, works fine

xaxa
05-13-2010, 06:10 PM
hmm i do have import errors now..
i downloaded 1.10a, installed, rebooted
anyone can help me out or tell me what im doin wrong?

dg1267
05-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Please reboot your computer and install the update as first thing after the reboot.

Okay, that worked. Thanks for the fix guys!:)

GatorXP
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Ok so i got the import errors as well.....so i rebooted, reinstalled that patch immediately, now when i click import files, and select the .txt file with yesterdays hand histories it says Found 0 files to process.....

Please advise.

morny
05-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Try moving those hands to a new folder and then try importing them

nerve817
05-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I just want to thank all the HEM guys who work on this and keep it updated and going. I know its a lot of work and I appreciate your diligence.

heylilfishie
05-14-2010, 01:49 AM
I updated Holdem Manager as specified, and even restarted, and there are no hand histories being imported, my sessions do not update, my hud does not update, and nothing is being imported. please help i need my hem

LHEM100
05-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Worked great for me. Thank you HEM team for solving this!

GatorXP
05-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Try moving those hands to a new folder and then try importing them

Moved HH to a new file. Rebooted, reinstalled patch. Imported file. 842 errors.

Please Advise.

netsrak
05-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Please create a new database for a test and try to import the hands into this database.

Do you get import errors with new hands too?

fozzy71
05-14-2010, 08:50 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/30807-cereus-ub-ap-import-fix.html

xaxa
05-14-2010, 08:59 AM
fixed thx alot guys

GatorXP
05-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Please create a new database for a test and try to import the hands into this database.

Do you get import errors with new hands too?

The errors Occur when importing to the new data base as well. Imports 103 hands but 842 errors.

I did not see it missing any hands or having any errors during live play last night.

fozzy71
05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.com

GatorXP
05-15-2010, 12:43 AM
sent.

GatorXP
05-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.com

Any Updates?

LOLSKEETER
05-18-2010, 04:03 PM
So did the update work for anyone because AP hands are still not importing for me...:confused:

GatorXP
05-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes the update works....but i had UB email me the HH file for the day I played when it didnt work.....and it HEM will only take like 100 hands out of 950 when i try to import the file.....STILL WAITING for a response from HEM.

LOLSKEETER
05-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Yes the update works....but i had UB email me the HH file for the day I played when it didnt work.....and it HEM will only take like 100 hands out of 950 when i try to import the file.....STILL WAITING for a response from HEM.

So when you're playing (post-update) auto-import works? And your HUD works? I wonder what's wrong with mine...

morny
05-18-2010, 07:36 PM
We dont support the emailed hands, youll need to move the original hands to a new folder and reimport then but it should work for new hands automatically

GatorXP
05-18-2010, 10:19 PM
We dont support the emailed hands, youll need to move the original hands to a new folder and reimport then but it should work for new hands automatically

When i save them to a new file to reimport them, i still get the errors and it is not working? So there is no way to get those hands i played into my DB even though i have the HHs?

netsrak
05-19-2010, 03:56 AM
You can't import the emailed hands.
But you should find the hands in your HM archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). The subfolders of this folder are organized by year/month/date.
Copy the files for the missing day to a different folder or your desktop and import them from there via import file or import from folder.

LOLSKEETER
05-19-2010, 02:12 PM
You can't import the emailed hands.
But you should find the hands in your HM archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). The subfolders of this folder are organized by year/month/date.
Copy the files for the missing day to a different folder or your desktop and import them from there via import file or import from folder.

Any suggestions if auto-import is still not working after updating?

Still getting import errors.

praetor
05-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Its not importing Absolute hands for me at all. The hands are being written to teh folder but it just says 0 files found

later version works but my HH from earlier are missing and not in c:\hmarchive either

LOLSKEETER
05-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm still getting import errors when running auto-update. I don't know why 1.11.01 is not working, someone please recommend how I might get this working again??