PDA

View Full Version : Slow computer and HUD is causing lag

DallasAP2
05-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Hello everyone, there was a post last year about the top 10 things that you can do to make sure you are getting the speed you need from your computer. Anyone remember it? Well my question is for anyone who may know about SSD vs other hard drives. I am configuring my new computer online now and i have several options on which hard drive I want, but I dont think i am ready to pay the significant difference, so i am wondering what the difference is between these hard drives and which is best or if they are close to the same :

"The first of the 2 is the one i have checked to order"

1: 500GB SATA-II 3.0 Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (single hard drive)

"I'm wondering if the second one is that much faster"

2: 500GB x 2(1TB Capacity) Raid 0 Extreme Performance

The second one is $60 more to add that onto my computer, but i dont know much about this part of a computer so i need some help if anyone has had any experience in this! Thanks!

Patvs
05-11-2010, 09:53 AM
1: 500GB SATA-II 3.0 Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (single hard drive)
is perfect.

There is NO real HoldemManager/PostgreSQL performance jump with 2x 500 GB in RAID0. That WILL cause higher sequential read/write speeds, but those are only useful if you're into VIDEO EDITING.

Also 2x regular harddisks in RAID0, the risk of losing all your data if one of the drives fails, is too high.