PDA

View Full Version : HEM Articles and Training

justafish
05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
finally i played my first 50k hands in shorthanded NL and i want to go through the articles to check my stats in order to find possible leaks. as the articles refer to 6max games, i wanted to know if there´s a (significant?) difference in the optimal stats to 5max games, which my poker room only provides instead of 6 max? ie. is a slightly higher VPIP, PFR and so on optimal due to the missing UTG position or is there not much a difference between 5- and 6max stats?

B-Money
05-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Not much difference. Higher VPIP and PFR sounds completely reasonable.

justafish
05-11-2010, 10:10 AM
i would appreciate very much if someone could give me a more detailed answer, determining at least some of the stats more precisely...

B-Money
05-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I'd like to help but there are just too many variations of Poker to give you solid answers. Many different styles of poker win too. Just because your stat is not optimal doesn't mean you are making a mistake. You just want to be around the right range. Best way to search 5-max stats is to find the best players in your database in the players window and make an alias out of them and filter for 5-max. Then you can see what their average stats are for everything.

An example of slightly higher VPIP/PFR. If you analyzed 6-MAX VS 9-MAX, you would see there is only a slight change in optimum stats. Since 5-MAX and 6-MAX is so close, there will be even a smaller difference.

FYI, you could literally use the Articles stats since they are based on 6-MAX. Are they exactly perfect for 5-MAX? No. Are the stats perfect with today's 6-MAX game? NO. Articles we're written with data from a couple years ago and the game has changed. How much? Very little, but it has changed.

GL,
-B

justafish
05-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Articles we're written with data from a couple years ago and the game has changed. How much? Very little, but it has changed.

sounds reasonable, thank you.

are there any "recent" 6-max (or 5-max) "solid" stats available to check out (just for a personal check over and the possibility to compare with mine)?

Sarek
05-25-2010, 07:24 AM
IMO: As was said earlier, game has changed. And these changes went into more agression and expanding starter ranges. But I am not a guru ;)
So...

justafish
06-17-2010, 01:11 PM
finally i reached article 8 and wanted to run the filters provided by the article, but unfortunately i can not find them (only called 3-bet) and i don´t know where exactly to look for them: stat selection or filter selection? (as article 8 is from 2009, do these stats still exist?)

or does the ie. the filter "3-bet and flopped air" mean: add following filters together?

filter by actions: preflop actions: raise raise
hand values: on flop: hi card 2 OC + hi card 1 OC + hi card 0 OC

so do i have to combine several basic filters to get the special filters the author talks about or do they exist themselves as just one filter?

hope you get my question...

one last question: is the leak buster addon generally speaking the "follow up-tool" to the articles?