PDA

View Full Version : Getting the percentage of times that a player goes to turn have he being in flop

devoured_elysium
10-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I mean , in probability terms , P(T|F). Is there any stats that'll give you that? Also, what's the name of the stat that shows the % of time a player goes to flop, turn and river?

morny
10-12-2008, 11:51 AM
We dont have those stats exactly but i would think that it wouldnt be as useful as looking at these individually for example How often he double barrells the turn, how often he cbets flop, how often he raises flop or turn, how often he fgoes to showdown (WTSD) and stats like that, i think these stats are more useful than just having a % of the time he sees the turn as theres a huge difference when he ses the turn after calling a raise compared to seeing the turn if he was the PFR and cbets

devoured_elysium
10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Isn't there a way to do custom stats, just like in PT3?

morny
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Havent used PT3 but not currently with HM but this is a feature we will be adding

Rvg72
10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
We do have custom stats but building them take a bit of SQL knowledge. I'll add a bunch of these types of stats

Saw Turn when Saw Flop
Saw River when Saw Flop
Saw River when Saw Turn
Saw Showdown when Saw Turn
Saw Showdown when Saw River

These will be in beta 15

Roy

devoured_elysium
10-23-2008, 04:08 PM
I know SQL programming and I've already looked up to your SQL code.

Rvg72
10-23-2008, 08:41 PM
ok, well for example, the Saw Turn when Saw Flop%

Create this entry in the custom.txt file in your reports folder

<Stat ColumnName="SawTurnWhenSawFlop" ValueExpressions="sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen >= 2 then 1 else 0 end) as SawTurn;sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen >= 1 then 1 else 0 end) as SawFlop;" Evaluate="SawTurn*100.0/SawFlop" ColumnHeader="Saw Turn\nWhen Saw\nFlop" ColumnFormat="0.0" ColumnWidth="61" Tooltip="% of times player sees the turn when he sees the flop" />

You are telling HM to figure out 2 numbers, the Number of times he saw the Turn: sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen >= 2 then 1 else 0 end) as SawTurn
and the number of times he saw the Flop: sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen >= 1 then 1 else 0 end) as SawFlop

Ten you are saying, divide the number of turns by the number of flops and multiply by 100 so we get a %: Evaluate="SawTurn*100.0/SawFlop"

And that's how you get the stat.

Roy

devoured_elysium
10-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks a lot! I'll try that!

Rvg72
10-23-2008, 08:51 PM
also, if you want to join up other tables then here are the prefixes

PH PlayerHandsCash(or Tourney)KeyColumns
PHMISC PlayerHandsCash(or Tourney)Miss
GT GameType
PKH PokerHands
FLOP PlayerHandsFlop
TURN PlayerHandsTurn
RIVER PlayerHandsRiver
TABLES Tables
HOLECARDS HoleCards
EV AllInSituations

so for example, here is the flop a set % code

<Stat ColumnName="Flop Set%" ValueExpressions="Sum(case when ph.HoleCardValue_ID between 1 and 13 and ph.MaxStreetSeen > 0 then 1 else 0 end) as TotalPocketPairsSeeingFlop;Sum(case when ph.HoleCardValue_ID between 1 and 13 and ph.MaxStreetSeen > 0 and FLOP.MadeHandValue in (60,61,62,120,140) then 1 else 0 end) as TotalFlopSets" Evaluate="TotalFlopSets*100.0/TotalPocketPairsSeeingFlop" ColumnHeader="Set%" ColumnFormat="0.0" ColumnWidth="60" Tooltip="Frequency that a pocket pair flops a set" />

This one uses some lookup values for FLOP.MadeHandValue that essentially mean he had a set, a house or quads. HoleCardValue ID of 1 to 13 match up to all the pocket pair type hands.

The important thing I wanted to show was using "Flop." which forces HM to join the flops table and gives you access to all of those fields

On the second page of this forum there is a Report Building 101 post I made which describes a bunch of other things.

Roy

devoured_elysium
10-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Another thing, is there any stat will say the % of time a player will make a call when there has been a raise before? I know cold call will say you the % of time a player will make a call when someone raised and no-one called before, but that is not really what I am looking for.

morny
10-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Call Open is the stat your looking for

Rvg72
10-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Another thing, is there any stat will say the % of time a player will make a call when there has been a raise before? I know cold call will say you the % of time a player will make a call when someone raised and no-one called before, but that is not really what I am looking for.

Hi, you'll notice I posted every stat HM currently supports in a sticky thread. You can see how every stat is built now and that should give you a good head start

Thanks,

Roy