PDA

View Full Version : hm on merge

db1
05-09-2010, 03:44 AM
is hm allowed on merge? i used it there the other day on carbon and had hud on, but i dont want to have my account locked if its not.

morny
05-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Yes, HM is allowed on all our supported sites with the exception of Cake where they dont allow huds from any trackers so we disabled the hud for their site so people can still use it for reports etc

db1
05-09-2010, 12:36 PM
i spoke to a guy in chat support from carbon poker yesterday and he said hm is fine to use, then i got an email back(which id sent about 20hours befor chat) from support saying its not ok to use it, so i went back onto chat support and asked them again and he said no hm isnt allowed either, im a bit confused now. has carbon said to yous its ok to use? i dont want to use hm and hud and have my account closed and $ taken from me. any help on this would be great thanks

morny
05-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi,

If you look at their terms and conditions

Artificial Intelligence and Tracking Software.
We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable artificial intelligence (non-human) to play on our site. Such programs are often designed to send information about cards or players to an external program. You are not permitted to, and you agree not to, cause any such program to access our site or any data on it and you are not permitted to access any such data and send it to any other parties. You consent to the Company taking measures to prevent and detect the use of such programs using methods including but not limited to screen capture or reading the list of currently running programs on any player's (including your) computer.

Its clear they are referring to robots and calculator type programs that give you advise i.e Bet/Call/Raise or fold. HM have quite a good relationship with all the sites we support. I'm sure this was just a misunderstanding especially when 1 person said it was ok and another said it wasn't there is clearly some confusion and it might be possible that they're unaware exactly what HM does which is understandable since there are so many poker programs available i wouldn't expect their staff to be familiar with them all.

We never offer any realtime advice on actions to take or allow HM to be used to mine we only provide stats that you played and would have access to already by searching your account history. If you ask to get a clarification from a manager/next level support as there clearly is some confusion, HM is not banned by any site and never has been. There are lots of software programs out there with similar type names that are banned so that may be whats causing the confusion or as i mentioned the sheer amount of programs on the market it would be hard to recognize them all.

If you talk with a representative you can give them our email support@holdemmanager.com and also link to this thread and ill forward it to our manager to discuss with them if they want to confirm any details about HM that they are unsure of, i'm sure they don't want to cause any confusion to potential customers who were thinking of joining their site but are worried because they're not sure if HM is allowed or not so it would be of both our interests to clear this up but im certain this is just a misunderstanding. You can also forward their email address to me and ill pass it on to their manager

db1
05-09-2010, 02:09 PM
ok this is what i sent, and what i got back

hi i was wondering is holdem manager allowed to be used with carbon poker?

recieved

Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately this program is not allow to be use in our site, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this can cause.
We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter. Your reference ID for this email is LTK61104209456X ; please quote this number in any further communication on this subject.
Kind regards,
Kathy Nichols

the english isnt the best in the email i got back but that what he sent, i just pasted it here

it cant be good for yous if its allowed and there support are telling people it isnt, i mean i said it was holdem manager. so he should know which one it is or atleast have a list of sites allowed maybe? it dosnt say alot for their support

netsrak
05-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Thanks, i'll forward it to our management.