PDA

View Full Version : HEM freezes when initialising DB

dackjaniels
05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I have the latest version of HEM installed (1.10.06a) and its been working fine with FullTilt ring game tables until I tried to start the table scanner today for FT whilst I had two FT tables open with HUD running. When I started the scan the FT software crashed and so did HEM. FT restarted fine but HEM keeps freezing on the splash screen where it says initialising database.
Windows Vista sees it as not responding and closes the program. I tried starting it again after restarting the main SQL Server process but no difference.
Any suggestions what could be wrong?

I should note that as yet I have not rebooted the PC as i'm in the middle of a session.

Thanks!

morny
05-08-2010, 10:00 PM
2 things you can try, one is to reboot the PC, 2nd is to close HM, open the dbcontrolpanel.exe file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager folder
and then create a new database and see if the problem persists, then if that works go into database management again and start your old database

dackjaniels
05-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks for that. Will let you know how I get on.

dackjaniels
05-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Update:
After rebooting my PC HEM started fine. I was surprised to see that the session I continued to play after HEM refused to restart had already been imported, so I guess whatever process of HEM that handles importing was still running in the background. Perhaps this is the reason HEM would not restart?