PDA

View Full Version : NASH Range in SnG Wiz

BrokenOne
05-08-2010, 04:59 PM
There is a DEV Posting in a Topic on the official Site from April 2010, saying that the implementation of a "NASH" Range button is on the to-do list.
I dont understand why this very important feature isnt allready implemented or how hard it can be to implement it (because there are many free tools which can do it).
The "default" SnG Wiz ranges are sadly often at best suboptimal and copying the chip stacks out of SnG Wiz to a free program/site every time is an extremly waste of time.
When can I expect this (for me basic key) feature in SnG Wiz and if not soon, what are the arguments against it?
I will eventually still buy SnG Wiz without it, because the analysing features are very helpful against "known" opponents ... but against "unknown" opponents it isnt that useful.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my shabby english.
BrokenOne

SitNGo Wizard
05-09-2010, 10:17 AM
In my opinion, it would be a big mistake to assume your opponents are playing anywhere close to Nash equilibrium ranges. That said, there appears to be enough interest in this feature that I will probably move it up my priority list. I have a couple of other project I need to complete first, but I will start thinking about it.

BrokenOne
05-09-2010, 12:58 PM
That's nice to hear :) thank you.
The problem with the "fix" ranges in SnG Wiz for me is just, that IMHO they are very hard to generalise.
An average $3 Speed SnG villain on Party will have a different range than a 33$ Villain on Stars.
The beautiful thing about NASH (as far as i understand the concept) is that you dont make -EV moves if the villains dont play near the range .. but of course you dont exploit them for better +EV moves either.
If you are a hardend pro with deep understanding of the ranges on your Site/Buyin Level then you will loose too much value playing near to NASH ... but as a new player without much experience it is (again in my view of things) the better choice.

SitNGo Wizard
05-10-2010, 11:00 AM
The beautiful thing about NASH (as far as i understand the concept) is that you dont make -EV moves if the villains dont play near the range

Unless you are playing heads-up, this assumption is just plain wrong. If you assume all of your opponent play close to Nash ranges, which they won't, you will often be making very -EV moves.

I think a lot of players believe your assumption, which is why I believe Nash ranges are not useful in practice and are potentially dangerous to players who don't understand them.

The Wizard's results are only as accurate as your estimated opponent hand ranges. If opponent's are not playing close to Nash, and almost nobody does, then Nash is has no value other than being theoretically interesting.

Nightrain
05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I would also like to have the option to see Nash optimal ranges, I luv SNGWIZ but there are times that I feel HoldemResources.net: Home (http://www.holdemresources.net) Nash calculator improves my intuition about what hands I should be pushing more than SNGWIZ, 2 problems with holdemresources calculator is that you can only input 5 payouts and 9 players.

I would like to see more payout spots and be able to input more than 9 players.

Kwakubah
05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
I'd like to see the Nash ranges in there too. I know it's not the optimal way to play but it seems like a much better starting point than the ranges that Wiz currently uses.

weatherwax
05-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I would also like to have the option to see Nash optimal ranges, I luv SNGWIZ but there are times that I feel HoldemResources.net: Home (http://www.holdemresources.net) Nash calculator improves my intuition about what hands I should be pushing more than SNGWIZ, 2 problems with holdemresources calculator is that you can only input 5 payouts and 9 players.

I would like to see more payout spots and be able to input more than 9 players.

I totally agree with this points.
I think if you are able and willing to deal with the icm concepts you are also able to deal with the concept of a nash range push.
As a feature it would be great to see it in the wizard. I use both the wizard and the website which is mentioned above. Both help me to improve my game. There is no question that you have to adjust some ranges but to know the nash range is extreme helpful

efpe
06-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Fully agree with the comments of Nightrain and weatherwax.