PDA

View Full Version : Screen Flickers when Auto Importing Full Tilt Tables.

reefaquarium
05-08-2010, 01:44 PM
When I have HEM on auto import, my screen flickers when I have Full Tilt table open.

How do I stop the screen from flickering, It's quite annoying.

Thanks

reefaquarium
05-08-2010, 04:52 PM
The screen jitters while it flickers. If I stop Auto Import the screen doesn't flicker and jitter.

_Loki_
05-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi reefaquarium - This is the usual routine for screen flicker...

I suggest you start with the simplest fixes first :)

#### Please update to the latest HM beta (top of page)

### IF YOU HAVE VISTA OR WIN7: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Run .exe Files As Administrator (Windows 7 & Vista) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/129/Run+.exe+Files+As+Administrator+%28Windows+7+%26+V ista%29)

### Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Windows Firewall / Defender Problems (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems)

### Make sure your drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated

### Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed

### Try using, or disabling, the hud options > tables preferences > force on top option

###

reefaquarium
05-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Thank you for the reply!

Hi reefaquarium - This is the usual routine for screen flicker...

I suggest you start with the simplest fixes first :)

#### Please update to the latest HM beta (top of page)

This cured some, but not all of the flicker

### IF YOU HAVE VISTA OR WIN7: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Run .exe Files As Administrator (Windows 7 & Vista) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/129/Run+.exe+Files+As+Administrator+%28Windows+7+%26+V ista%29)

I'm running Windows XP Pro, SP3

### Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Windows Firewall / Defender Problems (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems)

I turned off the firewall/AVG/Security essentials/Spybot

### Make sure your drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated

Updated windows,

Updating to the latest Catalyst driver 10-4

### Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed

### Try using, or disabling, the hud options > tables preferences > force on top option

###

Done

Thanks for your help!

fozzy71
05-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Make sure none of your HUD panels are covering the chat box.

reefaquarium
05-13-2010, 12:15 AM
So the basic stuff doesn't cure my jitter/flicker.

What do I try now?

_Loki_
05-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Do you play at other sites, but screen flicker only happens at FT ?

At FT is it the RUSH tables where this happens ?

You're pretty clear about this, but I just want to double check... it is your whole screen that flickers or is it the HUD display (or part of the HUD display) only ?

_Loki_
05-13-2010, 01:18 AM
What other programs do you have running at the time ? Do you have any AHK stuff for example ?

Before you started having screen flicker what was different then in your programs ?

reefaquarium
05-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the reply!

Do you play at other sites, but screen flicker only happens at FT ?

There is over 10x as much flicker on FT as stars.
about one jitter/flicker every half second on FT

At FT is it the RUSH tables where this happens ?

It's the same on rush as normal

You're pretty clear about this, but I just want to double check... it is your whole screen that flickers or is it the HUD display (or part of the HUD display) only ?

The whole screen flickers, Sometimes just one monitor flickers (and the other is okay). I'm running 2 monitors.

I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card.

reefaquarium
05-13-2010, 05:08 AM
What other programs do you have running at the time ? Do you have any AHK stuff for example ?

Before you started having screen flicker what was different then in your programs ?

I turned off everything, I'm just running full tilt and holdemmanager.

I first noticed this on the last FT update...

_Loki_
05-13-2010, 03:35 PM
I guess if there was a problem with 1.11.00/FT other people would have reported flicker by now. So I suppose it's your HM or system setup.

I've noted that you say it happens a lot more on FT than PS, but that's a puzzle if you're not finding the problem is associated with say screen scraping. So maybe the site is a coincidence/red herring ?
But then you say it ONLY HAPPENS when HM is on auto-import ?

Dual monitors screams at me... I wonder if you have a windows GUI element off-screen somehow & it's flashing the screen when it comes into focus ?

Have you tried using just one monitor to see if it's something like the power supply struggling or the way dual monitors are set up ?
Faulty cable/port(s)
I guess you've got the new 10.3 catalyst drivers ?
A friend of mine said have you tried turning off ATI overdrive whatever that is :) ?
Have you got a monitor mix like one is laptop screen or one is CRT or something like that ?

morny
05-13-2010, 04:07 PM
In Hud Options > Player Preferences > Appearance, move the opacity sliders all the way to the right, then from the choose configuration drop down in the top left choose the next config and do the same, do this for all your hud configs, does it help?

Also if it wasnt already suggested update your driver FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+Driver)

nickhx2
05-17-2010, 12:35 PM
adjusting opacity does not help the flickering.

morny
05-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Did you try all the other suggestions? What version of HM are you using, what site does this happen for you on? Might be easier to start a new thread detailing those issues unless your issues is exactly the same and youve tried everything mentioned above

A-LX
05-30-2010, 06:26 PM
fwiw I've been having this problem as well, and only on ftp. I Play on ongame too and it never flickers for me only on ftp which is highly annoying it might be because of HEM but i'm not sure

Gacil
05-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Turning off prefetch has been reported successful in a lot of cases.

A-LX
05-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I think it worked
thanks

Decril
06-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I started to get flicker after the upgrade to 1.11.01. Turning off
the prefetch data also worked for me.

morny
06-01-2010, 01:31 PM
If turning off prefetching doesnt work then disabling your aero theme should fix the problem while we look for a permanent solution

A-LX
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM
just played some rush and it had the same problem probably because the rush hud is using the same technique

morny
06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
So you turned off prefetching and also changed your theme to a non Aero one and the problem with the flickering still exist

A-LX
06-02-2010, 05:27 AM
oh sorry forgot to mention I didnt turn of aero

reefaquarium
06-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I had been unable to fix this bug for weeks.

Just got the newly released ATI 10-5 driver.
It fixed the flicker!

Now if I could just get HEM to collect/prefetch Full Tilt observed hands like it used to!

netsrak
06-25-2010, 05:48 AM
HM doesn't support the collection of observed hands