PDA

View Full Version : Delete handhistory and player

Larken
05-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Hello,

I am cleaning up my Holdem Manager and I would like some help on how to do this properly.

There are some old hand histories from different networks that I played on that I no longer wish to save. How do I make sure that every trace of this players handhistory is delete from HEM. Offcourse I will delete the folder where the .txt files are saved.
I'm assuming that you must also delete it somehow in HEM.

Thanks.

netsrak
05-07-2010, 10:56 AM
The best is to create a new empty database (under database management) and import only the hands you like to have in this database.

Larken
05-07-2010, 10:59 AM
I won't make a new database. It will be to much work since my handhistory files from the Cake network have been manually edited which took me many many hours. That's because HEM won't import tournament files from Cake correctly.

So again, how do I clean up my current HEM database off excesive files.

Thank you

morny
05-07-2010, 03:21 PM
See these options

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Purge Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/197/Purge+Hands)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Purge Hands from Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/100/Purge+Hands+from+Database)

Larken
05-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I've looked thru the links you gave me about purging hands. However it says at the end;

"Note: Purging does not delete the hand completely"

So my question is, how do I completely delete any trace of the hand form my database. (Without creating a new database)

What I tried was selecting the player in the Cash Game ---> Sessions tab.
I found 221 hands. Then I right clicked on the hands and choose "Delete all hands in list"
All hands were removed but when I searched for the player alias again it still came up that the player had 221 hands even though you can't see the hands anymore. So clearly HEM registers it somewhere. I want to completely remove any trace of that player and his hands.
I also deleted the saved hand history files which HEM imports and stores.

morny
05-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah the hud uses a cache which dramtically increases peformance otherwise wed need to run a new query on each players stats for every hand and it would most likely causing lots of lagging issues. The problem is we need to implement a cache rebuilder for situations like this where we purge hands, its on the to do list but i dont have an ETA, at the moment the only way of rebuilding the cache is to export and reimport your hands into a new database