PDA

View Full Version : Licence upgrade issues

iggy
05-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Hi,

I have HEM on my desktop as well as my laptop, and I've recently upgraded my licence to include PLO. Everything works fine on my desktop, where I activated the upgrade... but now I can't start HEM on my laptop anymore because it says I need a valid licence and I don't have the option to change my licence without the other licence being active. So basically I need to update my licence but I can't change it to the new one.

Any idea what I should do?

Thanks in advance,

morny
05-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Go to help > registration > clear HM and Omaha license, then restart HM and enter the new code.

If you get message that the license could not be cleared then do the following:
First of all, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html]How to see hidden files in Windows
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/images/hidden.jpg
Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

3. Update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/26/Registration+Benefits) on how to reset your code

iggy
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I know that's how you reset your licence, but the problem is that because the old licence is triggered as an expired one I'm locked out of the program meaning I can't manually change it.

And followed steps below and there was no HoldemManager.lic file in the sharedlicences folder, I'm using vista if it helps.

Any other ideas? Ty again

denks
05-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Same problem here. Have deleted the files as per instruction however when I go to the page Registration Home Page (http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/MemberPages/AddSerialNumber.aspx) I get the error message "This serial number is not valid or has not yet been used". I also cannot start Holdem Manager as the old key has expired. So I too am stuck in limbo where I cannot start HEM, and the rego pages won't work as the serial number has not been used. What to do...?

denks
05-07-2010, 09:21 PM
There - got it working!!!

Steps I used (Im sure support could add / remove steps as required):
1. Uninstalled HEM, deleted all HEM files and directories and removed references to RVG from the registry
2. Downloaded and installed the full installer
3. Something must be stored still in the registry or database as it remembered my old rego key. When loaded it still "remembered" my old rego key. On the plus side - it let me enter! (unless support has since reset something in the system?)
4. Cleared old rego key
5. Restarted HEM and entered new key. Now all working OK!!!

* If you do this you will have to re-configure your HUD and anything else you had configured
** Do not EVER try playing with the Windows registry if you do not know what you are doing!!!

morny
05-08-2010, 12:16 AM
I know that's how you reset your licence, but the problem is that because the old licence is triggered as an expired one I'm locked out of the program meaning I can't manually change it.

And followed steps below and there was no HoldemManager.lic file in the sharedlicences folder, I'm using vista if it helps.

Any other ideas? Ty again

Please email me the reg.log file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/log folder and your old and new code and ill look into it

iggy
05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Mind PM'ing me your email since I can't find it anywhere and you have PM's disabled as well :P

Isn't solving this going to result into the same problem but on my desktop though? (which is my main machine for grinding)

Again thanks for quick reply though.

morny
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
sorry forgot the email, its also at the top of each page support@holdemmanager.com

fozzy71
05-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Had to temporarily enable the old 'PRO' code so he could clear it and register the 'PR2' code.

Kcrow
06-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi I am having the same problem. Would someone be able to help me with this. Cheers

netsrak
06-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Please contact support@holdemmanager.net with link to this thread and problem description

rotyi
04-21-2011, 10:56 AM
same problem here. i upgraded my small stakes hem to a pro one a couple of months ago. i didn't use my laptop (PC2) since then only my desktop comp. now i need the other one for this weekend but couldn't upgrade it because it doesn't let me change the serial key - since the small stakes hem is disabled for me

RDB
04-21-2011, 11:04 AM
same problem here. i upgraded my small stakes hem to a pro one a couple of months ago. i didn't use my laptop (PC2) since then only my desktop comp. now i need the other one for this weekend but couldn't upgrade it because it doesn't let me change the serial key - since the small stakes hem is disabled for me

Shoot me a PM and let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Please bear in mind I am in the United Kingdom and my timezone is BST (GMT/UTC +1). I could possibly schedule something for you now.