PDA

View Full Version : Importing observed hands

kjames05
05-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Usually before I begin a long session I like to open up a few tables and run HEM on them to get a feel for the players a few minutes before I sit down. Now I can't figure out how to do it?

Any ideas?

_Loki_
05-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Hi Kyle - datamining of observed hands isn't supported by HM

"... I like to open up a few tables and run HEM on them to get a feel for the players a few minutes before I sit down. Now I can't figure out how to do it?"
You can't do it at any of the major sites & it hasn't been possible for a lot longer you've had HEM. There is a limited form of importing observed hands - see below

###
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Full Tilt & Poker Stars Prefetch Walkthrough (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/101/Full+Tilt+%26+Poker+Stars+Prefetch+Walkthrough+)
At the bottom of that FAQ it says this (mostly up-to-date)

Note: Prefetch is only possible at Poker Stars and Full Tilt. We're currently looking into adding more sites.
Note: At Poker Stars, it won't update after it shows the stats, so if you have 500 hands on someone on a table and then they play 30 more hands, it will still only show the 500 hands he had when he sat down. If someone replaces someone at a table after it's shown the HUD, it will not update to show the villain unless you close and reopen the table. This is because Poker Stars has a limit on the amount of stats we can mine to protect against people data mining on the site. They allow us to only grab a single hand. Full Tilt allows 1 - 5 hands to be pre-fetched.

Note: When you start auto import, it will take a good 2 or 3 hands until the stats appear for Pre-Fetch at Full Tilt, compared to Poker Stars where it is almost instant