PDA

View Full Version : 3-bet stat not for 6max?

stachelmohn
05-06-2010, 07:15 PM
I read in a past thread this stated below answer about this meaning of this kind of stats.
EP 3-bet is preferred for full ring? What is the logic behind this? Variant types of poker involve different deviations in stats. Even playing HeadsUp i can 3-betten as well. Maybe i understood the answer not quiet correct :)

Still a question at this place regarding the second stat "fold_vs_3b.EP.total".
I understood the whole time this stats so: how often the player on Ep sitting folds when he got an 3bet. And doesnt means" Fold to a 3-Bet in EP" exactly the same? Again, my english is not great. I know. But would be fine to get help.

Thanks!

Quote:
EP 3-bet
For full ring there is up to 3 EP's so it dosent really apply to 6max

Quote:
Fold_vs_3b.EP.total.
How often the player folds overall when he open from EP

netsrak
05-07-2010, 04:22 AM
At 6-max tables the EP (=early position stats) are not usable. But you have other 3 bet stats available which you can use.

Please check our available stat definitions:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions)

stachelmohn
05-07-2010, 09:18 AM
very interesting!

I m sorry, but i have no idea which stats would apply for 6max. All the time i have thought i can use the stats as well.
since is no heading or no marked to orient which i can taken or not. Please give me an advice or another link that i can inform myself.

Thanks for help:)

netsrak
05-07-2010, 10:54 AM
You can use the MP and LP 3 bet stats.
EP = early position
MP = middle position
LP = late position

I think its explained in the link i posted above

stachelmohn
05-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks again for your fast reply.

Finaly a last question about this.

You wrote i could use MP und LP stats. But it gives one EP-place in 6max and even one in MP. So i ask myself two things:

-when EP dropped out the same must be also with MP
-and why its not possible to adjust the %value by places. I know: 1 for EP, 1 for MP and 2 for LP.

6max: 2 *LP, 1*MP, 1* EP
7max: 2* LP, 2*MP, 1* EP
8max: 2* LP, 2*MP, 2* EP

Thanks!

morny
05-07-2010, 11:59 PM
They are worked out as follows:

6Max
EP 3BET = EP
MP 3BET = MP
CO 3BET = CO
BTN 3BET = BTN
SB 3BET = SB
BB 3BET = BB

9Max
EP 3BET = EP1,EP2
MP 3BET = MP1,MP2,MP3
CO 3BET = CO
BTN 3BET = BTN
SB 3BET = SB
BB 3BET = BB

10Max
EP 3BET = EP1,EP2,EP3
MP 3BET = MP1,MP2,MP3
CO 3BET = CO
BTN 3BET = BTN
SB 3BET = SB
BB 3BET = BB

So for example for 10max
EP 3BET = EP1,EP2,EP3

If youve 10% in EP1, 20% in EP2 and 0% in EP3 its 30 / 3 = 10% so EP 3BET = 10%

stachelmohn
05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks again for your fast repleys!

But now i must still add a question.

You wrote:

At 6-max tables the EP (=early position stats) are not usable. But you have other 3 bet stats available which you can use.

Last post were below a calculation from you which were even my understanding. 3 seats in EP results in divide the number by 3. And the other seat categories must adapted to a common denominator that i can compare the categories in a truly manner.

But which seat categories are usable in 6max? You said not EP. And MP or the other seats?
LP, BT and CO and the Blind are all seats without divide.

Maybe i m a little confused because you wrote specific EP are not usable, so i can take it, that other positions- 3bet-stats are in use. I assume that the other positions (seats) are common 3bet-stats. But why the distinction by EP?
Thanks for your effort to understand my stringly english and your willingness to explain!

morny
05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
That was a mistake in Karstens reply, i think he was confusing it with another situation, for 6max there is only 1 EP as described in my last post. Does that clear up the confusion?

stachelmohn
05-09-2010, 08:37 AM
yes, indeed.

I saw just this minute thats netsrake location are germany.

Its possible as needed again your feedback to write it in germany?

Thanks!

morny
05-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi,

Yeah feel free to reply in German and Karsten can reply to any further questions, generally its better to post in english so all of the support staff can help you or in case Karsten was on a day off.