PDA

View Full Version : Think I need to start over

RuffRhyder
10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
So I've had lots of problems with re-installing postgresql with an existing database so it feels like the only option left is to delete my old database and start over (I've still got quite a few HH in PT). I'm not sure where the database is so if you could help me out with filenames, it would be great. If you have a good idea how to start a new db so I can use postgres as my username and lose as few hands as possible, let me know.

Thanks a lot!

morny
10-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Not sure what you mean, to start a new database just follow this: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

If you delete your database youll lose all your hands?

RuffRhyder
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I know, but I can't see another way out of this.

RuffRhyder
10-15-2008, 10:04 AM
What I'm trying to do is to be able to re-install postgresql which is not on my computer at the moment. Since I already have a database after using HM with the user 'postgres', I'm not able to re-install postgresql with that username. When I try any other username I get an internal lookup error. I've tried everything and thought that the only option left was to delete my database and start over. That has shown to be more difficult than I expected since I've done everything I can to get rid of all the HM and postgresql files, but it still seems to be on my computer as when I try to re-install postgresql I still can't use the username postgres as it's in use. Any suggestions, please? I'm getting a little desperate here and will soon have to start using one of your competitors as I can't live without a tracker. Really don't want to as I love HM. I don't care about the old database, just want it up and running.

fabio
10-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Disable "hide hidden folders" and "hide system folders" or something similar in your folder options, then search for "postgres". You will find a folder under C:\Users (Vista) or C:\Documents and Settings (XP). Just delete that and you can use the username postgres again

RuffRhyder
10-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for your reply! I've done what you suggested and there's no postgres user there. I've checked show hidden folders.

morny
10-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I havent been able to figure out the internal lookup error problem, maybe try on the postgreSQL forums or googling that error for suggestions